Help, broken stock on a Nylon 66

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thegomezclan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine broke about 4" from the end of the stock. There is one on eBay for but its brown and mine is black with the chrome barrel and reciever cover. I got it from a friend that needed some cash for a good price.

Des547

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Nylon 66, tube fed, that was broken at the wrist and across one side of the butt. Years ago I repaired it with super glue and that lasted for a good 15 years. Four or five years ago I noticed that the glue had turned brown and began to peel off so I redid the job with Gorilla brand super glue which is rather thick but not a gel. Took a pick made from a stiff piece of wire and picked all the old glue out of the breaks. Wiped it down with alcohol and gently pryed open the cracks and applied the new Gorilla super glue with a fine paint brush. Let the pieces go back together and taped across with duct tape. I let it rest a good week before I removed the tape and with barrel in one hand and stock in the other I gently flexed the stock. Mind you I didn't try to break the cracks loose but gave it a flex and they held. I removed the excess glue with a razor blade and while it is obviously cracked it is solid and shoots as good at it did when brand new.

Gorilla makes a variety of glues but this is the super glue, not the glue made for wood and plastic and such. The stock is made of Zytel and you might do a web search for Zytel repair but as I recall I couldn't find any glue that was made just for that.

Des

thegomezclan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2013-03-14_20.25.56.jpgimagejpeg_0.jpgHere are some pics of the repair on the stock

Latest posts

Top Bottom