help on 300 blackout loads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OEFVETERAN2010

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
has anyone tried the speer tnt 125gr and the nosler 125gr ballistic tip, also dose anyone know where to get the barnes black tip bullets?

Last edited:

Glock_21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've loaded Hornady and Nosler 125 grain. The only thing that I have shot at this point was a paper target through the chronograph. The Barnes black tips are almost more elusive than big foot. I was lucky enough to find a few boxes on the back of a shelf at a gun store a while back. Felt like I won the lottery.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've loaded Hornady and Nosler 125 grain. The only thing that I have shot at this point was a paper target through the chronograph. The Barnes black tips are almost more elusive than big foot. I was lucky enough to find a few boxes on the back of a shelf at a gun store a while back. Felt like I won the lottery.

I have looked for the black tip since Sandy Hook...I haven't seen any at all in component form. I have seen it multiple times in completed cartridges. I suspect that's where the little they are making is going.

OEFVETERAN2010

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why shoot 110gr over 125gr? The speer tnt bullets sounds to.do.a good job on deer and hog. I cant wait tell Wednesday my rcbs ar 300 blk dies come it. Gonna be like a kid on Christmas day bahahaha

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I load and shoot 30 and 357 herrett, and developing 30 herrett loads has helped me quite a bit with bullet selection for the 300AAC. I load 110 and 125 grain bullets in the 30 Herrett almost exclusively. My preference for it is the 110 grain soft point round nose developed for the M1 Carbine loads. It does marvelous things to varmints out of a 14" barrel. I have loaded some in the Blackout, but haven't had a chance to take them and the chrony out to the range yet. Shooting these out of the Encore, probably won't feed well out of the AR

Latest posts

Top Bottom