Help With Mosin Nagant Archangel Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys I know I can have similar money in a more accurate rifle but I don't want that. I want to finish this mosin as I feel it deserves. If I had the original stock and everything no way I would be considering it but the gun is how it is and I think it would be a fun project to see what the old gal can do. So does anyone have any experience doing this? Im half tempted to try my hand at drilling and soldering in a bolt handle vs the tap and screw method. id need some silver solder but I think it would be worth the extra effort.

I couldn't have put that any better myself, sometimes you just want to do a project with what you have available.

Look at smith sights he has some tips on making them more accurate, also I would agree don't go down to 16" on the barrel.

Keep us updated on the project.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
welp guys don't beat me up too bad for turning tail but I am going to have to pull the plug on this project before it even kicks off. Ive been researching non stop and I just cant do it. I cant half ass it and be satisfied and Im just not willing to have $800-$1000+ invested in a gun I don't even care for to begin with...let alone the lack of performance that will be had from the end result.

I don't like the stock at all. I hate promag already for the garbage they put out for saga 12s and this archangel just strikes me as an all show no go sort of deal...when I tend to have an all go no show sort of personality. I couldn't leave the stock and enjoy it and not willing to invest in a better one. This was the ultimate deal breaker.

MY final build list consisted of this...

Timney Trigger------- $100
RockSolid Mount----- $110
Boltman Bolt--------- $50
Crowning Tool-------- $100
Coating/Paint--------- $40
TOTAL----------------- $400 + $310 For the gun/ammo = $710 without a scope or stock of my choice.

I honestly thought when I got the gun I could have $500 in it and be happy but that's just not the case. I got all gung ho thinking I would take what my buddy started and really turn it up a notch but I had to stop and think...why? I don't like mosins, I don't like the bubba sniper tacticool stock, I don't like blowing money on guns I don't want to shoot.

I appreciate all the advice from both sides and I know I look like an ass for arguing one side then jumping ship but oh well. Anyone wanna buy an archangel mosin :)

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I appreciate all the advice from both sides and I know I look like an ass for arguing one side then jumping ship but oh well. Anyone wanna buy an archangel mosin :)
There are many ways to look like an ass, but pulling the plug on a probable money pit isn't one of them.

Also feel torn, because some "next level" mosins are breathtaking to behold...;)

i.imgur.com_VlUAF.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom