Helping Prep As A Christmas Gift!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw a thread a little bit ago about someone practicing their prepping skills as they make soap and jerky for Christmas gifts. Got me to thinking, has anyone given out preparedness items as gifts? To your non-preparedness minded friends and family? I know back in the day, the go-to was a car emergency kit. What about helping someone start a 3day bag or BOB for Christmas? Maybe some MREs.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Funny you mention this, at the last Superdave gunshow i bought 3 shoulder bags with first aid kits for my Son n Laws.

Brit, if your checking up on me, keep your mouth shut!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny you mention this, at the last Superdave gunshow i bought 3 shoulder bags with first aid kits for my Son n Laws.

Brit, if your checking up on me, keep your mouth shut!

This is a GIGANTIC part of the reason GC and I cannot exchange gifts any more without sharing ... I was gonna get him one of dustingaunder's silencers for Christmas ... "It's a secret" I tell Dustin -- not even thinking that if I get this for him without him knowing he won't be able to play with it unless he ALWAYS has me with him! :lmfao: So ... now he knows what he's getting for Christmas!

Me? I'm getting a new washer and dryer ... Lucky me ... LOL (But that's okay because my husband is getting a silencer and the gun that goes on the end of it for Christmas! :) )

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I really recommend building your own. I bought these for them to have something to build on.

most kits dont really have stuff for real trauma. Little boo boo band aids and cheap scissors and some aspirin.

In real life ya need big stuff that cuts, sticks, absorbs and clots. Think EMT shears, duct tape, abdominal pads and quick clot. Slings or cravats are usefull as is some kind of burn creme.

You can never have enough 4x4s. Maybe some flexible splint type thing. Sugar packs and some nitro pills, if ya know when to use them, can be life saving. Even a good bee sting kit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom