Hi-Point 995 TS carbine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fubarjohnnyr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had my interest piqued about this gun while watching Nutnfancy do a review on it a few weeks ago.

Finding them available proved to be an issue though, nothing at my usual list of online sources until yesterday; Kentucky Gun Co. had them for a few short hours before selling out.
I got my order in for one before they were all gone.

Anyone current owners have any tips, tricks, or comments on theirs? Suggestions for any add-ons or modifications?

Last edited by a moderator:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I couldn't make it 6 mins listening to him.....

I've been looking for one of these, anyone know where to get those extended mags?

fubarjohnnyr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL, I understand your sentiment about listening to him rail on, it took me a long time to build up my tolerance and make it through the full length of his vids.

Now if you would have stuck with the video, you would of found out that the extended mags suck and not worth the bother.

kevin brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend of mine has one in 45 it shot good had a problem with it's trigger not reseting. He got it used at a pawn shop. Well he sent it back to HP with no mag a two weeks later it came back he opened the box and they sent him a new up dated one and two new mags they just pulled one off the rack and put the serial # of his old one on it. It shoots better. Than his Bretta storm carbine 45.

Grumulkin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I attended our local Safari Club International banquet earlier this year and one the 45 Auto version in a drawing. Someone at my table referred to it as "an ugly gun." In my opinion, it's a real sleeper. It shoots well, is quite durable and ain't all that ugly in my opinion.

You can get more magazines at CDNN sports.

Dirty Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have three of these.(love them) 2-995ts and 1 old 995 that I put the ATI beretta looking stock on. I have 2 of the pro mag 15 rds and they both work but I have only put a couple hundred rds through both. I dont shoot them much anymore since I got into the AR scene. I keep them because I always thought someone would come out with a larger capacity mag. I got my mags at the gun show for $27 a piece. I got all of my 995s at gun shows also. Never paid over $200 for them. If thats what you go to the show to get you can always find them. Most people dont like HPs and wont give the carbines a chance. A guy at Red River Reloading told me they have a range and will rent these to people. Most of them have over 10K round through them. I dont know how much of that to believe but they are warranteed for life. I am in the process of getting a rail for mine and putting a red dot on it(the ATI stocked old 995). The TS model doesnt have a normal pic.rail. So sometimes you have to lay a drill bit side ways on top of the rail and make it a little bigger. That was so I could put a red dot on it. I dont have any complaints about mine except the damn mag count.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I <3 mine. It's actually the older 995 with a new TS stock. Added a Primary Arms M4 red dot for optics and it'll ping a 5" steel plate at 75yds every time if I do my part. It did jam a couple time the last time i'm at the range, i'll probably send it in for a checkup sometime soon. The warranty is awesome, I can either send it in or just call them up and they will send the parts free of charge, including any updated parts I might want to install. This pic was taken before I installed the double mag holder that bolts to the buttstock. I agree the capacity is a bit lacking but it does keep me from wasting too much ammo, and a Lula mag loader makes quick work of reloading.

Oh, and the barrel shroud I made myself out of a lamp post I found at the dump, and the stock front sight was ground down and epoxied inside to mount it.

img.photobucket.com_albums_v607_SocialMisfit_2011_03_04170600.jpg

Dirty Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn I want a barrel shroud. You should go back to the dump and try and find me one.:gun1: It looks kick azz. The little barrel is one of the ugly parts of the gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom