Hog hunting 50 mile radius of Tulsa???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian89

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yep, I have lived here all my life and have killed a lot of hogs around the area.. they have cycles where they'll disappear for a couple years, then repopulate big time.. Lots of pigs on cimarron river. Right now is when they make their comebacks cause no ones wants hunt em and fight off the ticks, skeeters and chiggers..

do u just hunt hogs???

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, I have lived here all my life and have killed a lot of hogs around the area.. they have cycles where they'll disappear for a couple years, then repopulate big time.. Lots of pigs on cimarron river. Right now is when they make their comebacks cause no ones wants hunt em and fight off the ticks, skeeters and chiggers..

do u just hunt hogs???

Nope. I hunt deer, ducks, hogs, and sometimes pheasant. Oh, I do some predator hunting and squirrel hunting when time allows.

toe

The Cleaner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spoke on the phone to Biologist Jeff Pennington who manges the Keystone WMA and he said there are plenty of hogs there but they are never in one place for to long but can certainly be found with a little scouting. He also said kill as many as I wanted and just leave em if I didn't want them. Tried to reach the Biologist over the Hayburn DeepFork area but he is on vacation I can assure you they are there just have to spend some time scouting. Good Luck

Reaction score
Talked to an ol' boy again today that confirmed that there's lots of them (at least there were a few years ago when he went there) at the Deep Fork WMA.

So, anyone know: Is Deep Fork like Love Valley, etc., where you can use a centerfire rifle on them year round, or is it like Waurika & Ft. Cobb, where you musht use a rimfire or birdshot (something legal for small game)?

My friend and I are planning a trip out there in a few weeks for hogs.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You need to go to http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/hog.htm
and read carefully the rules. Such as you must use the gun and shells for the current open season. Right now thats squirrel and I don't think a 30-06 will fly. (thats for public land)
Also if you hunt during a season that requires a tag, you have to have a tag even if your not hunting that species.

larkinmusic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You need to go to http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/hog.htm
and read carefully the rules. Such as you must use the gun and shells for the current open season. Right now thats squirrel and I don't think a 30-06 will fly. (thats for public land)
Also if you hunt during a season that requires a tag, you have to have a tag even if your not hunting that species.

Coyote season is open year round. You do need to check the regs. for each WMA though.

Reaction score
That's just the thing, Mr. Ed - some of them allow centerfires 365 days a year, since it is coyote season and pig season year round (like Love Valley). Some of them don't. I'm not sure the specific rules are always in the written WMA regs - I think you just gotta ask the game warden, don't ya? Which is why I asked here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom