Holosun Optic - I am an idiot and Holosun stood behind the product :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So a few weeks back I was out at the range dialing in my newly mounted Holosun optic atop my FN509. All was going well and after about 8 shots I was dialed in to the bulls eye. I topped off the mag, took aim, fired and out of nowhere something hit me in the head with some force and then went bouncing across the concrete behind me. After realizing what happened I looked down to my Holosun 507 laying on the ground. Turns out, i mounted with the incorrect screws. The next week I ordered the correct screws from Forward Controls, along with a new torque driver for the install.
I mounted everything correctly and to my surprise half of the optic screen was blurry. So, I unmounted it and requested warranty repair on the Holosun website. The next day, I received a prepaid shipping label and mailed it to them on Tuesday the 3rd. It arrived at there facility on Thursday the 5th, and I received it back in perfect working condition yesterday afternoon.
Great customer care and fast turnaround. I will continue to run Holosun optics on my carry pistols.

P.S. Make sure to change out your batteries a couple of times a year. (Especially if you carry it daily)
I’ve a 508 Holosun. Haven’t hurt it yet. I haven’t quite transitioned to it. Use to it. I’m good with iron sights but it’s still a learning g curve for me with the red dot.

I don’t have any problems with a rifle mounted red dot. These pistols bounce around so much I loose track of the dot. Takes me longer to shoot with a red dot on a pistol.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They have one of the best return and fixit policies out the. I had ne that started to get some rust on the adjustment screws. I usually take care of pistol/optic daily with a wipe down.

No questions asked, a shipping label was sent, and the sent a new one in 7 days. Military or LEO can purchase 2 per year at like 110 off!

Regards,

Edit: Those batteries don’t need to be changed “a couple times a year!” They are good for over 5 years.
I make a habit of changing my site batteries every Christmas, keeps me from being surprised the rest of the year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom