Home Defense Cabinet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old rookie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If this is in the wrong place, please move.
I'd be interested on thoughtful and experienced feedback about my current home and self defense cabinet contents.
In no particular order, but starting with my pistols....Is there anything that should be in here that I'm missing?

9mm semi-automatic pistol(s) (12 and 15 round magazines)
.22 semi automatic rifle (25 rd magazines)
9mm semi automatic carbine (20 round and 10 round magazines)
20 ga shotgun(5 round)
12 ga shotgun (5 round)

Any input appreciated....thanks for any opinions.

Old rookie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks - forgot to list the "incidentals", extra loaded mags, cartridge holders, flashlights - have several, checked frequently.
Brings up good question - should I have one mounted on rifle(s) or shotgun(s) ??? Haven't given that as much consideration as using pistols in darkness.
I do have laser/fiber optic/red-dot, and scope on 9mm carbine....but no flashlight.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hard to answer anymore specifically; depends on what you use for carry and what might lie by or on the nightstand. What pistols do you have? What shotguns? (oh boy, maybe we an criticize them :rubhands:).

Old rookie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My pistols shoot, and everything else goes bang when it's supposed to....and I have NO "tactical" stuff, nor ANY Glocks.... :lookaroun
Well, almost - wife insisted the Glock 43 suited her best, and her results show that she was right... :)
I'm not an old gamer-commando-wannabe. Just an old curmudgeon with a gun, or two or three.... :wink2:

Last edited:

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like me. I got a gun or two myself around here somewhere. But hey, that little G43 is surprisingly accurate for the size and a damn fine little carry gun, don't you think? At least, that's what I hear anyway.

Old rookie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She LOVES it. It's easy to rack, load, and aim for her. And SHE is comfortable with it. Tiny hands. :)
Way small for my meathooks, but someone on this forum helped me remember that the spouse MUST like what they shoot, or it just ain't gonna happen.
My avatar pic is my EDC....IWB, 3 o'clock, on nightstand the rest of it's life....

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She LOVES it. It's easy to rack, load, and aim for her. And SHE is comfortable with it. Tiny hands. :)
Way small for my meathooks, but someone on this forum helped me remember that the spouse MUST like what they shoot, or it just ain't gonna happen.
My avatar pic is my EDC....IWB, 3 o'clock, on nightstand the rest of it's life....

Exactly. If Momma ain't happy; ain't nobody happy.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's the barrel length on the 12g. A 28" hunting barrel can be a hindrance in a residence. And my shotgun sits by the bed and has a light mounted under the muzzle. if the center of illumination is on it, so is the muzzle. The ultimate point and click interface.