How an AR-15 Works

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Enough to make your next two shots go anywhere but the target. You also don't shoot center mass...you shoot base of the target. It's probably mostly muzzle flip, but it still makes it not work on burst.

Watch how much homie moves 👇 👇

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because no matter what a shooter does, with few exceptions maybe (probably a good bipod loaded up), the first round will hit, and the other two go somewhere else on planet earth. There isn't any time to adjust for recoil to bring the other two back on target. It's a bullet waster.
In auto, if a person knows how to shoot auto (6-9 round burst), he can bring the burst (not 3 rounds) back onto the target. Anyone on here that's been a maggot or an automatic rifleman knows what I mean.
Exactly. In my time we had the full rock and roll models, but they always stressed trying to shoot a 3 round burst manually during basic training. To hit the target on the berm you had to aim low left, with the muzzle rising up and to the right, typically hitting the target with the second round missing the first and third or aim the first round and waste the other two. You concentrated on making the 3 round burst vs concentrating on the target so the DI wouldn't chew your azz for shooting more than 3.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The other "problem" with the tri-burst crap was when shooting semi the trigger pull changed dramatically depending on where the cam was that actuated the 3 round burst. It went like this, first pull say around 6# second pull around 9#, third was about 13#.
It also doesn't reset in "burst" mode so if it fires only 1 or two rounds during the "burst" it start up where it left off and you have to let off the trigger to get it going again! Stupidest functionality I ever saw relating to a rifle.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
The other "problem" with the tri-burst crap was when shooting semi the trigger pull changed dramatically depending on where the cam was that actuated the 3 round burst. It went like this, first pull say around 6# second pull around 9#, third was about 13#.
It also doesn't reset in "burst" mode so if it fires only 1 or two rounds during the "burst" it start up where it left off and you have to let off the trigger to get it going again! Stupidest functionality I ever saw relating to a rifle.
This is true. It resets wherever you left it...silly. It was terrible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom