How bad would this suck?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most coins are priced at spot metal pricing unless they are of special significance. They coins must have been 'sold' pretty soon after being stolen since the shop should have received notification. How long was the time period between receiving the coins and melting. Some pawn shops go to extreme measures to avoid stolen property, but will never be 100%.

A newspaper article in Houston back around 1990, I can't find it, had a Police search of 48 junk yards and 86 pawn shops. 47 junk yards had stolen vehicles and 84 pawn shops were found with stolen items. WOW, what a shocker, who would take a stolen item to a pawn shop?

The show did have some interesting items when it first started, but has lost a lot of interest since. Or maybe I just have better things to do than watch made up 'reality' TV.

Must say though, "Dude, you're screwed" is wild, even if scripted. Those guys are bad ass. "Naked and Afraid" is starting again. That is just too weird.

24T_missilejock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So , how many pennies would it take to cast a bullet..Oh say a .45.?

I guess ,really, how many pennies are in a gram, or vice versa?

About 2.5g per post 82 penny
About 3.1 per pre 82

So 86 cents for 215 gr...post '82

69 cents pre '82

using 215 g .45 bullet

note to self "not worth melting pennys for making boolits, besides its not "legal" ".. ;)

Thank You

You guys need to define your "gr"s. Grains or Grams. One of you is talking apples, the other is talking oranges.

approx 454 grams in a pound
approx 7000 grains in a pound.

If memory serves.

Dave

He asked for grams I gave him grams

You guys got stuffed in your locker alot, didnt you.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
So 86 cents for 215 gr...post '82

69 cents pre '82

using 215 g .45 bullet

note to self "not worth melting pennys for making boolits, besides its not "legal" ".. ;)

Thank You

86 or 69 pennies for one boolit!!

That would be one big ass boolit!

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys need to define your "gr"s. Grains or Grams. One of you is talking apples, the other is talking oranges.

approx 454 grams in a pound
approx 7000 grains in a pound.

If memory serves.

Dave

He asked for grams I gave him grams

I was trying to figure, how many pennies would make a bullet, like say a 215 grain .45, for instance.

A 215 "gram " bullet would be pretty big, more than 1/2 a pound???

So I guess I would need to know "grains" in a penny?

I'm just killin time and figuring..Thanks Dave and caojyn

Latest posts

Top Bottom