How Do You Clean Your Brass?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Incrediblerod

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm currently using walnut with rouge in a vibratory tumbler. I do not like the dust.
I'm looking for tips and tricks besides the two and three stage methods.
Thanks in advance.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, cut a used dryer sheet in 4 pieces and throw it in when you start tumbling, it absorbs most of the dust. I also found a process called LSD, where you combine a dash of LemiShine (dishwasher detergent powder), a squirt of Dawn and hot water in a plastic bowl with lid, then add brass to it and shake it up good. Let that sit overnight, take brass out and let it dry on a towel or something for a little bit, then tumble with the media and dryer sheets for about 1-2 hours and it will look shinier than new brass. I also add a capful of NuFinish car polish every so often to my media. Hope this helps ya out!

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yep, cut a used dryer sheet in 4 pieces and throw it in when you start tumbling, it absorbs most of the dust. I also found a process called LSD, where you combine a dash of LemiShine (dishwasher detergent powder), a squirt of Dawn and hot water in a plastic bowl with lid, then add brass to it and shake it up good. Let that sit overnight, take brass out and let it dry on a towel or something for a little bit, then tumble with the media and dryer sheets for about 1-2 hours and it will look shinier than new brass. I also add a capful of NuFinish car polish every so often to my media. Hope this helps ya out!
Adding polish doesnt make a big funky clump?

acp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Decap the brass, put it in a rotary tumbler and use stainless steel media. A little detergent and a little lemishine and run for two hours perhaps more if you have really nasty range brass. Looks brand new when done.

Calamity Jake

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dribble a little minerial spirits (one ounce + or-) into your media while the tumbler is running with no brass, the MS will cause it to
clump up a little just stir it around with a stick to break up the clumps, let it run about 10 minutes before you add brass
it will control the dust and help clean the brass.
Keep your tumbler covered as the MS will evaporate over time especily in the heat so replace it when you cannot smell
the MS anymore.

SoonerCowboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Corn Cob Media, Frankford Arsenal tubler and cut dryer sheet in to three pieces. Put pieces in the bottom before adding media. Run for 2-3 hours or until satisfied. I don't deprime before but after.

Latest posts

Top Bottom