1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

How so much has changed- Showing my age

Discussion in 'Stupid Stuff' started by Forgalspop, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Forgalspop

Forgalspop Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    One I left of the list which I find totally insulting to anyone's intelligence is the term,"Politically Correct". The convoluted message is if you don't agree with what the woke crowd and MSM says is correct politically, then you are incorrect in your thinking. But alas, many people and companies buy into the B.S. Hasbro, The publisher of Dr. Seuss, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc....................................................

Snattlerake likes this.
  2. HFS

HFS Sharpshooter

Remember when the only time you heard somebody say "tranny" was when their clutch was slipping?

3. Aku

Aku Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Sometime back the term "aggressive niceness" came up. Still a head scratcher.

Forgalspop and Snattlerake like this.
  4. Snattlerake

Snattlerake Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Being old and set-in-my-ways I like to buck up and engage the ID10T's who come up with this crap. There was a young blonde girl driving a Prius today with a Bernie sticker. As I passed her I could see she was texting and driving and she drifted into my lane. I honked long and loud and when she looked up I gave her a look that would have chilled a gang banger's nuts in August. She jerked her little POS back into her lane and I drove off. Dash cam was on too.

5. ForsakenConservative

ForsakenConservative Marksman

Rating
    100%
    How about “NAZI”? When my uncles fought in Europe, it was to defeat people who burned books, restricted free speech & the exchange of ideas, confiscated private property, forced people to do their bidding through force and fear, and beat/killed anyone who opposed their rule.... Now it’s just a derogatory term used to slander people like my uncles. I do miss them, but part of me is glad they are no longer here to see the “evolution” of the nation they fought for. I have to wonder if the current liberal elites can actually see their hypocrisy (and ignore it) or if they simply have no idea what a NAZI really was/is, and how aligned their cancel-culture-social-justice movement is to it.....

dennishoddy and Forgalspop like this.
  6. Forgalspop

Forgalspop Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    My Grandfather & Father would be rolling over in there graves to how things they fought for have degraded.

dennishoddy likes this.
  7. Forgalspop

Forgalspop Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Correction : (to see how things have degraded)

8. xseler

xseler These are not the firearms you're looking for.

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
  9. TerryMiller

TerryMiller Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Talk about showing your age, how about this one...

...we have a sum total of 1 (one) book that is a dictionary in our "home." It is one that I purposely keep because its publishing date was way back in either 1954 or 1957. (i haven't looked at the date for a long time.) I prefer a dictionary that has the old meanings, and only search one on my computer or phone if I'm really in a hurry to get the meaning.

10. BobbyV

BobbyV Uh huh . . . sure

Supporter
    Rating
    100%