Hunting areas around Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbydank

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am new to hunting in Oklahoma. I know deer season is over, but I am starting research for next season as well as looking for some good areas to hunt rabbits and squirrels when the seasons allow. What are some good public areas for hunting around Tulsa or in northeast Oklahoma in general?

Also, I went by Oklahoma WMA and picked up an atlas of all the public areas. This will be my first time ever hunting on public lands. Are all of these lands allowed for hunting or just those marked PHA (Public Hunting Area)?

Sorry for the newb questions.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look at the ODW hunting guide you get at walmart, or online at, wildlifedepartment.com
In the back, each WMA/PHA is listed along with what weapons are allowed for each season. Some are bow only, some shotgun with pellets only, and some allow what ever is allowed state wide. It can change from year to year, so keep up with it.

willystruck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check out Ft. Gibson PHA. Fill up your tank, grab your atlas and when you get to Wagner, turn north on 69. Lots of areas on both sides of the hiway for several miles. Used to be a pretty good area for bunnies and bushy tails.

Latest posts

Top Bottom