Hypothesis on how the U.S. Military would crush a domestic rebellion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robinray649

Marksman
Reaction score
Funny that is not what I got from this. Even with the part that BadgeBunny edited out, it seems like your intention is still pretty clear even if it is not a threat.

I guess that one can get the interpretation out of something that they want. Like in Vietnam, it was common practice for the vc to use a persons family as a threat to get whatever was wanted at the time. Did I learn something from this, yes, the same as anyone learns lessons in combat if they stay alive long enough. The lessons I learned and used in Vietnam can't be taken as a threat being made against anyone. It is what it is, lessons learned and used during a great time of distress. I am also aware that making threats especially online would be rater stupid of anyone. I would also point out that if anyone looked at my previous posts I don't think they would find anything threatening in any of them. If anyone is offended by me expressing my personal experiences then I apologize to them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny that is not what I got from this. Even with the part that BadgeBunny edited out, it seems like your intention is still pretty clear even if it is not a threat.

When the Viet Cong needed a village to operate out of, or the young men they needed for conscripts were in hiding, they would bring a family member forward in front of the rest of the villagers and disembowell them with a sword or bayonet. Pregnant women were favorite targets.
I won't bore you with how they took care of that.

It's no wonder our program of offering medical help and candy bars to the kids was refused.

I'm pretty sure this is what his intended message was referring to..... I didn't see the deleted part, but there were my personal observations.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I guess that one can get the interpretation out of something that they want. Like in Vietnam, it was common practice for the vc to use a persons family as a threat to get whatever was wanted at the time. Did I learn something from this, yes, the same as anyone learns lessons in combat if they stay alive long enough. The lessons I learned and used in Vietnam can't be taken as a threat being made against anyone. It is what it is, lessons learned and used during a great time of distress. I am also aware that making threats especially online would be rater stupid of anyone. I would also point out that if anyone looked at my previous posts I don't think they would find anything threatening in any of them. If anyone is offended by me expressing my personal experiences then I apologize to them.

I didnt see any threats.

Some of the goofballs around here have english comprehension of a 4th grader.

I appreciate you and your posts on this matter, and agree.

Also, Thank You for your Service Sir.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How many of you in fantasy land have ever met and been long standing friends with any type of ranking military combat officer? My best friend is a retired Colonel. I don't believe that any real officer or soldier serving this nation could be coerced into violating posse comitatus. Yeah their may be some political weasels in command that but their are lots more real men made of iron that would not bend to unlawful orders under any circumstances. You could not co-opt enough military leadership to get the united states military to voluntarily take action against U.S. citizens on U.S. soil. I tend to believe the words of someone who has been there and done that.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How many of you in fantasy land have ever met and been long standing friends with any type of ranking military combat officer? My best friend is a retired Colonel. I don't believe that any real officer or soldier serving this nation could be coerced into violating posse comitatus. Yeah their may be some political weasels in command that but their are lots more real men made of iron that would not bend to unlawful orders under any circumstances. You could not co-opt enough military leadership to get the united states military to voluntarily take action against U.S. citizens on U.S. soil. I tend to believe the words of someone who has been there and done that.

You could fire them all.

Or make them quit because they were caught with hookers, or use "fake" poker chips or something.

Seems like Obummer is cleaning house on Generals latley.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Seems like Obummer is cleaning house on Generals latley.

If you could not co-opt them to unlawful purposes you would too if that was your intent. He's gonna clean house on lots of generals and never get what he wan'ts. Even the most inept general officer is either a west point or OCS graduate, they don't teach you how to be a weasel and weasels usually don't survive especially if they come through OCS rather than the point.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A domestic rebellion would be confined to some of the border states along Mexico. There is a reunification effort in California, but a lot of people leave Mexico because they don't like its government. I think the rebellion would be violent, and short.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
California cannot support its large welfare population on its own, and Mexico won't either. So, support for an insurrection would mainly be relegated to gangs. A lot of institutionally dependant people would not want to lose their free entitlements.

Latest posts

Top Bottom