Hypothetically speaking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the proper thing for the officer to do?

• Release the men

Votes: 43 64.2%
  • Detain the men

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Detain the men and run serial number checks on their weapons

Votes: 11 16.4%

• Total voters

Republicanhack

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok lets say an officer is arriving on the scene of a possible home intruder to see 3 men outside watching the house, 2 with long guns and one with his gun concealed from view so the officer doesn't know he is armed, upon contact he instructs the men with long guns to lay down their weapons and they comply and the 3rd man with hands in clear view instructs the officer that his weapon is in his waistband and the officer removes and secures the thirds weapon. After the 3 men produce ID and the officer confirms that they do in fact have a right to be there and no one has a warrant or anything against him what would be the proper thing for the officer to do?

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Detain the men and run serial number checks on their weapons!

If they have a gun and they are not leo, atf, fbi, ect they have to be a bad guy right!

Republicanhack

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK the officer knew that one of the men was the homeowner and the other 2 were immediate neighbors. He was able to verify that by looking at their drivers licenses. The call that went in was from the homeowner telling dispatch that he was outside and the person was supposed to be in the house. And after confirming all of that the officer felt at ease enough to turn his back on the men while the other officers that showed up went in the house.

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK the officer knew that one of the men was the homeowner and the other 2 were immediate neighbors. He was able to verify that by looking at their drivers licenses. The call that went in was from the homeowner telling dispatch that he was outside and the person was supposed to be in the house. And after confirming all of that the officer felt at ease enough to turn his back on the men while the other officers that showed up went in the house.

oh I change my answer then

wufee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I roll up on an intruder call and find 3 armed men, the hinky factor goes sky high. I get back up asap,stay behind the car (as in felony stop), prone the men (on the ground), wait until backup gets there, cuff them, then sort it out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom