I’m surely not the only cigar smoker here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjbrooks7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ZT Cigars in the Village has a pretty decent selection of pipe tobacco, last time I was in they had a Whiskey Vanilla that was delicious...best part about the aromatic ones is that even the wife enjoys the smell
Flavored cigars, Giroux? You’re fired.Do you ask for diet whiskey? Or an apple-tini?

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Two possibilities as to the Cohiba…one, it’s one of the most counterfeitted products in the world…two, products produced under communist regime tend to have no sense of pride, quality control, or expression of creativity. Honestly, it was probably a fake Cohiba. Was it in cellophane? Glass top box?

It passed all the checks for being a legit Cohiba and it was bought at the gift shop at a high end resort. Had the right checker/dot pattern, holograms.

It smoked fine, but tobacco is tobacco. It all tastes the same in the end. (and I know this perspective pissess off cigar collectors)

IMG_0702.jpg

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never was a big cigar smoker, maybe smoked three or four over my 20s-30s. That was until a friend gave me a box of Partagas 150s. Now those were some good smokes. Then, oh, probably 10 years ago the doc told me I have asthma so no more cigars for me. ☹️

rjbrooks7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It passed all the checks for being a legit Cohiba and it was bought at the gift shop at a high end resort. Had the right checker/dot pattern, holograms.

It smoked fine, but tobacco is tobacco. It all tastes the same in the end. (and I know this perspective pissess off cigar collectors)

View attachment 382857
It’s a shame where the “Cuban Cigar” is today. I’m part of a group that has a monthly virtual herf via discord. Each month, a different person sends out one of their favorites. Friday, we had a Partagas Serie D. I took the band off and put it on an Omertà house blend before the herf, and didn’t tell anyone.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s a shame where the “Cuban Cigar” is today. I’m part of a group that has a monthly virtual herf via discord. Each month, a different person sends out one of their favorites. Friday, we had a Partagas Serie D. I took the band off and put it on an Omertà house blend before the herf, and didn’t tell anyone.
Is it really a shame? Or has the rest of the world (DR, Nicaragua, etc) caught up in quality? Seems like the consumer won in the end.

I've had some great Fuente and RP sticks that felt like a world class experience.. had no regrets that they weren't from Cuba.

rjbrooks7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is it really a shame? Or has the rest of the world (DR, Nicaragua, etc) caught up in quality? Seems like the consumer won in the end.

I've had some great Fuente and RP sticks that felt like a world class experience.. had no regrets that they weren't from Cuba.
It’s a shame for the Cuban people. But you’re 100% correct

Latest posts

Top Bottom