I hate mud season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only good thing is the soaking of the ground to get in moisture.

The animals churn up the grass killing it. The mud gets everywhere. I have to clean everything daily creating more mud. The 70 pound fur ball has to be cleaned each time before he can come in the house. And my work clothes are nasty. Wet and cold and nasty.

The cows and horses do better at 40-50 degrees but man they seem to hate the mud as well. They try and avoid it but to no avail. The feed area is all mud. I build up the entrance for the cows but it is all thick mud because of the traffic. Then when I feed square bales they will trample the hay into the mud and it is no longer edible. I bale my own, it is hard work, there in the mud.

Did I say I hate mud season?

And just to show I am insane, I deeply appreciate th soaking rains which will help the grass and trees grow and bring us healthy cattle and fruit to eat. Now if I could only grow a vegetable garden.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
And just to show I am insane, I deeply appreciate th soaking rains which will help the grass and trees grow and bring us healthy cattle and fruit to eat. Now if I could only grow a vegetable garden.
You know you have to make mud to plant vegetables, don't you? When life gives you mud, make mud pies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom