I have come up with a way for the state to enable constitutional carry and gain jobs too.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the OSBI has been complaining that if constitutional carry is enacted they will lose 60 jobs or so. Well the other night I had an epiphany that will allow everyone to carry as well as to put thousands of jobs on the books while likely keeping or shifting the jobs at the OSBI.

Basically when passing constitutional carry we allow no guns signs to have the force of law if there is a metal detector and an armed guard at every entrance to a building, so all doors public or private. Simple right? This is ANY building other than a police station or a prison court houses already have armed security and metal detectors. So city buildings, airports, malls, schools, etc. That creates THOUSANDS of jobs just for the armed security not to mention the jobs for the installation and maintenance of the metal detectors. Not to mention that the schools that insist on being no gun zones will become some of the safest in the country. CLEET will pick up jobs that are either shifted from the OSBI or new hires and some of the people at the OSBI will still be needed to handle the background checks of all our fine new armed security guards.

If creating jobs is the name of the game this is a simple winner right?

FreeSpiritBalloon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is pretty good. The only problem I see right off the bat is the freedom hating billionaires that would offer to supply the state with all the metal detectors they want and maybe even pay for the CLEET training to make as many places as possible off limits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they have 60 people processing SDA applications and renewals, then why the hell does it take them 90+ days to get them approved!!!

Someone is shoveling prime USDA BS at OSBI! :censored:
My guess is that they have 60 people doing some kind of work related to SDA in some way, though probably not as an exclusive duty, and they got the number as "everybody who might be in some way have duties disappear, no matter what else they do." I think it also assumes that nobody would ever get another permit if constitutional carry passes, an assumption I think is unrealistic.

So yeah, BS enough to fertilize my garden for a year.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is pretty good. The only problem I see right off the bat is the freedom hating billionaires that would offer to supply the state with all the metal detectors they want and maybe even pay for the CLEET training to make as many places as possible off limits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You thinking ol’ George would be on board with that? I sure do!

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So the OSBI has been complaining that if constitutional carry is enacted they will lose 60 jobs or so. Well the other night I had an epiphany that will allow everyone to carry as well as to put thousands of jobs on the books while likely keeping or shifting the jobs at the OSBI.

Basically when passing constitutional carry we allow no guns signs to have the force of law if there is a metal detector and an armed guard at every entrance to a building, so all doors public or private. Simple right? This is ANY building other than a police station or a prison court houses already have armed security and metal detectors. So city buildings, airports, malls, schools, etc. That creates THOUSANDS of jobs just for the armed security not to mention the jobs for the installation and maintenance of the metal detectors. Not to mention that the schools that insist on being no gun zones will become some of the safest in the country. CLEET will pick up jobs that are either shifted from the OSBI or new hires and some of the people at the OSBI will still be needed to handle the background checks of all our fine new armed security guards.

If creating jobs is the name of the game this is a simple winner right?
Only if there are a few additional caveats. 1. Any place posting a no gun sign will be required to have 24/7 armed security on site, 2. No out of state contributions are allowed, everything must be made in Oklahoma, Oklahoma security company and personnel, metal detectors etc. 3. A new insurance, err "tax" must be created that business who post no gun signs must purchase so if a person is injured because they are forced to be disarmed by the business owner all medical or other related expenses are paid. /sarc/

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they have 60 people processing SDA applications and renewals, then why the hell does it take them 90+ days to get them approved!!!

Someone is shoveling prime USDA BS at OSBI! :censored:

My guess is that they have 60 people doing some kind of work related to SDA in some way, though probably not as an exclusive duty, and they got the number as "everybody who might be in some way have duties disappear, no matter what else they do." I think it also assumes that nobody would ever get another permit if constitutional carry passes, an assumption I think is unrealistic.

So yeah, BS enough to fertilize my garden for a year.

Well, if it means anything, I can give a wee bit of insight, mostly because in my time at the OSBI, on two or three occasions, the department I was in basically had to shut down our operations so we could help the SDA people process applications. The SDA department, at least at that time, had two shifts working with EVERYONE of them being solely dedicated to the SDA department. They had no other duties in any other department. Besides us helping out, there were other employees also helping the SDA, both in entry of data and checking of records.

For the record, the processing of the applications involved a lot more than just doing a criminal history search in the OSBI database. The OSBI had to get data and records from the police departments, sheriff's offices, and the feds. They were checking for domestic abuse crimes, along with so many others. I think they were even having to check outside sources on protective orders as well. So, in addition to the internal checks, the OSBI was having to wait on multiple sources outside of the agency to report back.

Now, that all said, it is a state agency, so I won't say there wasn't some BS going on, but it certainly isn't as much as many would think. Keep in mind that while the Sheriff's offices get a portion of the "fee," I doubt that they think that what they get compensates for the time spent in fingerprinting applicants and supplying data (or reporting no data) from the follow-up requests from the OSBI. Those people probably don't work fast either.

I'm not picking on GTG or Dave. I'm just pointing out that I doubt that anyone here has been as close to the process as I have, so my insight should mean a little bit. Because of their comments, everyone here can maybe better understand why the process is so long. Personally, I think 90 days is cutting it a bit close, and they might even be having to "approve" applicants when they haven't fully received all the data yet.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not picking on GTG or Dave. I'm just pointing out that I doubt that anyone here has been as close to the process as I have, so my insight should mean a little bit. Because of their comments, everyone here can maybe better understand why the process is so long. Personally, I think 90 days is cutting it a bit close, and they might even be having to "approve" applicants when they haven't fully received all the data yet.
No offense taken; I'm always happy to get insider info. Thank you for the correction.

Now that every county reports to OSCN (THANK YOU!), do you think that simplifies processing significantly?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So we are arguing that we need to keep stupid regulations just to maintain bureaucratic jobs?? I mean really, that’s our argument???

Oh I don't know, I didn't hear any arguing about keeping any regulations, stupid or otherwise, in order to maintain bureaucratic jobs. The OP, @NightShade, had an idea how to enable CC and create jobs, (although I don't recall reading about how or who was going to pay all those people) and @TerryMiller explained how the process worked when he was in the OSBI. The rest in between was just the usual about BS shovelin'.

Last time I renewed, it took 26 days from the date I sent it in to getting it back. You'll hear no whining from me, I think that's pretty good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom