I have come up with a way for the state to enable constitutional carry and gain jobs too.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The way I see it the ones who REALLY want to stick to the no firearm agenda will be hard edge anti firearm. That means they can put their money where their mouth is. They want to enforce a no firearm policy they can pay for everything required. OSBI will still get money from the applications they deal with as I am sure that the professional licensing still has a cost so no major change there. If a city wants to enforce it the law could easily be written in a way that takes the budget out of the city council's pocket to pay for things.

But it's all just spitballing anyway, I doubt it will happen but hey maybe someone up in the state office will read it and make it work. I should also note this is in the stupid stuff area so figure it will stir the pot up. Where it goes from here no one can tell.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No offense taken; I'm always happy to get insider info. Thank you for the correction.

Now that every county reports to OSCN (THANK YOU!), do you think that simplifies processing significantly?

Probably not, Dave. OSCN isn't a really good source because many people in Oklahoma may share the same names, and OSCN also doesn't operate on "fingerprint-based" information on the individuals involved with crimes. THAT is why we have to be fingerprinted for CC permits. I used to work in what is called the "Crime Data Collection and Analysis Unit" (CDCAU) and any criminal records on an individual's record in the database HAD to be fingerprint-based. In that unit, I had to use OSCN as a source at times, but we couldn't be certain that a clerk in the county got the information submitted to the website correctly.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably not, Dave. OSCN isn't a really good source because many people in Oklahoma may share the same names, and OSCN also doesn't operate on "fingerprint-based" information on the individuals involved with crimes. THAT is why we have to be fingerprinted for CC permits. I used to work in what is called the "Crime Data Collection and Analysis Unit" (CDCAU) and any criminal records on an individual's record in the database HAD to be fingerprint-based. In that unit, I had to use OSCN as a source at times, but we couldn't be certain that a clerk in the county got the information submitted to the website correctly.

I appreciate your insight Terry. I just don’t understand why some states can process CCW permit applications and renewals in days or a couple of weeks and Oklahoma can’t.

Our airport manages to conduct FBI bgc’s, Security Threat Assessments and local R&W checks in about a week, sometimes 10 days max for employees requiring secured area access. If all that can be done so quickly, 3 months just seems excessive, especially for a renewal.

I have the same gripe about ATF taking a year or more to process Form 4’s, when I know it can be done in less than a month. :(

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The thing I think is the funniest about all of the anti constitutional carry groups is the blood in the streets and the lack of background checks etc. The thing is that Oklahoma has already passed law that recognizes the right of someone from a state with constitutional carry to carry in the state the same as they can at home. My step daughter comes out from AZ and only has her ID.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitutional_carry

Latest posts

Top Bottom