• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

I have small and large rifle primers!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Here's a little advice and you can take it for what you think it's worth.
Most all of us have been through shortages before and have planned accordingly.....so make sure of your pricing. Being "new to the site" you'll catch a little flack but stick around if you want to visit, buy, sell, and trade with the best on the net.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
What are y'alls thoughts on hunting with an SKS?
Most SKS I have been around were dinner plate accurate at 100 yards. I prefer better accuracy for hunting than that.
If it was my only option, I would shoot at different distances on targets as long I was keeping all 5 rounds inside 4 inches. I would make note of this distance and never shoot beyond that when hunting.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
What are y'alls thoughts on hunting with an SKS?

I own 2. Both of mine are accurate enough to hit a 3" plate at 100 yds with Golden Tiger hollow points. But as @Oklahomabassin said, this is definitely not true for all SKSs. I've never hunted with them but 762x39 is certainly capable of doing the job.

I would get yours out, find a few different types/brands of ammo and see what it likes and how accurate it is at distance before trying to hunt with it.

MikeyRich

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I own 2. Both of mine are accurate enough to hit a 3" plate at 100 yds with Golden Tiger hollow points. But as @Oklahomabassin said, this is definitely not true for all SKSs. I've never hunted with them but 762x39 is certainly capable of doing the job.

I would get yours out, find a few different types/brands of ammo and see what it likes and how accurate it is at distance before trying to hunt with it.
Mine is accurate enough I think. I can consistently hit 4'' clays at 100 yards. I know that I need to practice more at greater ranges and I certainly wouldn't take a shot if I didn't feel confident at that range. I should have been more specific about using the 7.62x39 round.

Latest posts

Top Bottom