I need your help with ar15 please help!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93turbohatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I made a big mistake. I tried to tap in the roll pin on the bolt catch and it mushroomed.

I was like okay I can handle this, not too big of a problem. So I went to big boys a new roll pin for 74 cents.

I then attempted to tap it through the other side with a punch.

Well I used to big of a punch and it got stuck and will not come back.

It completed broke off now I have a broken punch on one and a mushroomed roll pin on other.

I am looking for someone to assist or recommend someone to help me with this.

I feel so stupid.....I will pay anyone to help assist with problem. I have already marred it up enough.

Any advice is great but to be honest I just want someone that has the tools to do this for me as this build has been bad luck.

A picture is attached of my screw up.

arproblem.JPG

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
For you, or anyone else needing to put in roll pins in ARs: the robo-grip type pliers (straight close) are awesome for the job.

[Broken External Image]

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Aluminum expands very readily with heat, and expands at around 1.03 times more than steel. If you heat the bolt release receiver tabs I bet the punch will be very easy to remove, and you can proceed from there.

93turbohatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Money bags. So everyone knows it was a tough job but Jim got it out for me. It took about an 1 1/2 hours to remove the roll and broken punch. Next time I will be using a spring loaded punch you can buy at harbor freight for 3 bucks, it makes putting a roll pin in about 15 secs or less. THANKS AGAIN JIM! You were a life saver. There are so many good members on here its just rediculous.

Latest posts

Top Bottom