I won a free hog hunt!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shootermcgavin,
Here is another set of 100% negative reports on this operation. I do hope you have not sent the funds yet. It mentions him having to go to court last month. I also noticed the new domain name was only registered in March.

http://www.texashuntfish.com/app/view/Hunt/1252/Wild-Hog-Hunt

Yeah no I haven't sent anything. I was skeptic when I entered, and even more skeptic when I won, but wanted to give it a shot and believe it was legit. I am reading those reviews now... looking pretty sketchy. s:scream: suck... I was hoping...
One of the reasons I posted on here was to see if anyone else had experience.

I noticed the domain had changed since when I entered the drawing, in February.

twocan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Twocan is correct. Note where www.huntinghoghunting.com and www.hoghuntingtrophyboars.com forwards to. They forward to http://www.hoghunting2010.com. Looks like they took on a new domain name to change identity due to all the negative reports.

Read the reports here and also google those domain names. Negative stuff posted all over the place.

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1013235

Ok i confess im not the P.H.I sorry i was pulling your leg.

Sniper John

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shootermcgavin,
Just wanted to say I'm sorry you had to find this out. Paul and Angela Candelaria are of course innocent until proven guilty, but I sure would not recommend anyone sending any money to them or attempting this hunt. The risk to benefit is just too out of balance on this one.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok i confess im not the P.H.I sorry i was pulling your leg.

Like I said, I was skeptic. When I read your first post I was like.... CRAP IT IS A SCAM!... then I read the rest of it and decided you were just playing around.. But then sniper had to come along and make it look like you are boy genius or something.... I saw that article just before you posted that link sniper.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shootermcgavin,
Just wanted to say I'm sorry you had to find this out. Paul and Angela Candelaria are of course innocent until proven guilty, but I sure would not recommend anyone sending any money to them or attempting this hunt. The risk to benefit is just too out of balance on this one.

NO i absolutely am glad I found out. There was something that seemed fishy about it the whole time.... but like I said. I wanted it to be legit. I am glad I found out now. I thought it was odd that on a "free hunt" I was still going to have to pay nearly 300 bucks. You are absolutely right. The potential payout by no stretch outweighs the risk. Especially when you are as cheap as I am. Thanks for the info.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good thing you found about it now.
Research a little about Okla hog hunting, and you can find some hunts for hogs in that price range with reputable places.
The Chain Ranch comes to mind.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There sure are a bunch of these dang things in SE/Okla. They have been tearing up my pasture and my neighbors. We have watched them chase deer out of my food plots:angry3: Biggest killed so far in the neighborhood was over 300#. My neighbor keeps the buzzards happy.

We have declared war on the armadillars too. You know what a 125 gr BT does to a diller?:explode: .......pink mist

Latest posts

Top Bottom