If they prefer a big-gov't social conservative what's the point of their movement?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
EZ has hit it spot on. Felt the same way dude.

But this from G2G... well... it made me pee a little.

Let's see, the current crop of GOP party hacks took over and subverted the real GOP and turned it into something it was never supposed to be. They took over the Tea Party and turned it into something it was never supposed to be. So, why can't they take over the rest of the government and turn it into something it was never supposed to be? Oh...wait...nevermind... :(

No serious, I peed. And not cause I thought it was funny. I lost all continence by how utterly sad it made me because its true. I think Ridge posted a link to the Republican platform from 1958... what a freaking departure.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
EZ has hit it spot on. Felt the same way dude.

But this from G2G... well... it made me pee a little.

No serious, I peed. And not cause I thought it was funny. I lost all continence by how utterly sad it made me because its true. I think Ridge posted a link to the Republican platform from 1958... what a freaking departure.

You and me both brother. You and me both. :(

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I find most the folks I talk to that claim to be conservatives are actually the opposite if you ask me. They find one thing in the Constitution they can agree with and proclaim that they are a Conservative. They tell me that no where in the Constitution does it give the government the power to force a person to purchase a product such as health care insurance.
They say the Federal Government should ban abortions. That it should ban drugs. That it should ban certain types of sexual habits. When I ask them where in the Constitution they find the Governments power to do those things is they start screaming.

Personally I consider myself to be a true Conservative. The Constitution was meant to restrict the Federal Government not empower it. We should not let folks who what it both ways to claim the label of Conservative.

Michael

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I find most the folks I talk to that claim to be conservatives are actually the opposite if you ask me. They find one thing in the Constitution they can agree with and proclaim that they are a Conservative. They tell me that no where in the Constitution does it give the government the power to force a person to purchase a product such as health care insurance.
They say the Federal Government should ban abortions. That it should ban drugs. That it should ban certain types of sexual habits. When I ask them where in the Constitution they find the Governments power to do those things is they start screaming.

Personally I consider myself to be a true Conservative. The Constitution was meant to restrict the Federal Government not empower it. We should not let folks who what it both ways to claim the label of Conservative.Michael

Welcome to 1958 Michael. Glad to have you aboard! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom