if THIS indoor match were held, I'd shoot it!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which one would you like to shoot the MOST?

• Total voters

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Time for another poll.

What match would you shoot if it were offered, say, the first Sunday night of the month at Heartland?

This would be in addition to the 3rd Sunday Carrygun match.

Please note, _I_ am not going to put on an IDPA match. If you're curious as to why, PM me. But that's why I didn't include it this time.

Also, last time I included Bullseye as a choice and only one person selected it. There is now a bullseye match being put on, so that interest is already being addressed.

No one chose PPC last time, so I'm leaving that out.

Plenty of USPSA/IPSC opportunities already, so I left that out.

Is there any interest in having a match during the week? Like, Tuesday or Friday night, 6-9? (this would have to be shot from the firing point)

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you know how much fun a .22LR indoor action rifle match would be? It would go right to the top of my "must shoot" list.

.22LR action pistol? Not interested.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ben I imagine this will be .22LR only for safety reasons, etc.

If you want some running and gunning with the .223/5.56, come shoot the monthly action rifle match at OKCGC and USSA where you can stretch out the rifle a bit!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I voted ICORE, but really the .22 tactical rifle would be a blast too. You could simulate long range stages with scaled down targets. :thumb:

If you do a rifle match I would think that some rifle racks would be in order. There's not a lot of room behind the lines for a bunch of rifle cases. But I'd shoot either one of these!

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I voted for carry gun.... mostly because this match is catching on. If you build it they will come -as the saying goes.

But a 22 rifle match would be a nice diversion. I know we like to call everything "tactical" these days but when I was a kid we had places to shoot small bore indoors.... those used to be fun little matches.

I'm not big on it myself... but did shooting bowling pins ever catch on around here?

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do have some concerns about having centerfire rifle tactical matches, especially in such an enclosed space. Maybe I'll go over there after hours and fire a few .223 rounds out of my 11.5" barrel with 5.5" echo chamber and see how friendly that would be for others!

I'd like to see ICORE, but I fear the interest just isn't there, but hopefully I'm wrong. Many people own a revolver and maybe just lack a place to shoot it competitively. ICORE rules are simple.

A great case can be made for .22 handgun, but the reloads would be frustrating.

.22 tactical rifle? Just about everyone has a 10-22, so they'd all have a match they could come shoot. Reduced sized targets would be essential for rifle, no matter what.

I'd considerd bowling pins, but tables would have to be made and stored. Would have to secure a good supply of bowling pins, too. Hinton used to have bowling pin matches and may still hold them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom