I'm just gonna put this here for the Arachnophobes...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are only two species of spiders in the world. A rainbow spider and a man eating spider.

If it doesn't have a rainbow coming out its backside, it's a man eater and I kill it.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think spiders are one of natures coolest critters!!!
Trust me...I don't play with the poisonous ones.

I use to love throwing grasshoppers into a meadow spiders web and tossing a cricket into a funnel spiders web.

I hated it as a kid when we would play hide and seek (I lived waaay out in the country) at night and run into orb waevers webs spun between the trees.....argh!!!

Loved catching tarantulas and keeping them for a few days until my mom couldn't stand it in the house. The only critter mom wouldn't let me near the house was a copperhead I caught one time. Man..that snake was as angry as a snapping turtle missing dinner. It was a mean little mother------!!!!

All in all, what ever I caught I returned to the wild...excepting during hunting season.

Even when I lived in Galveston and fished all along the Gulf Coast...no matter what I threw it back.

Too lazy to clean fish...buy 'em from the fishmarket or store.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I think spiders are one of natures coolest critters!!!
Trust me...I don't play with the poisonous ones.

I use to love throwing grasshoppers into a meadow spiders web and tossing a cricket into a funnel spiders web.

I hated it as a kid when we would play hide and seek (I lived waaay out in the country) at night and run into orb waevers webs spun between the trees.....argh!!!

Loved catching tarantulas and keeping them for a few days until my mom couldn't stand it in the house. The only critter mom wouldn't let me near the house was a copperhead I caught one time. Man..that snake was as angry as a snapping turtle missing dinner. It was a mean little mother------!!!!

All in all, what ever I caught I returned to the wild...excepting during hunting season.

Even when I lived in Galveston and fished all along the Gulf Coast...no matter what I threw it back.

Too lazy to clean fish...buy 'em from the fishmarket or store.

LOL! Good memories! I always got stuck leading when we were fixing fences because my sisters hated walking into the webs.

I still love feeding spiders in the yard. The only place I really don't want them is right across the doorways.

I think jumping spiders are fun.

i.livescience.com_images_i_000_014_838_i02_jumping_spider.jpg_abbf3cc7268b705a7d27f94dc3eb9992.jpg

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think its neat when I see a female wolf spider with freshly hatched babies on her abdomen.

It always amazed me the critters that hunted spiders. The two I know of here in Oklahoma are the tarantula wasp..big sucker of a wasp... and the dirt dobber.

Stan Upchurch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Noferafactor, did you know that if you raise trants in your house you'll never have roaches.... Unless of course you raise them.
I used to raise versa color, columbian red, pinks toes, and hissing roaches, death head roaches along with Ball pytons,
Columbian red tails, trans pecos subocularius, and corn snakes. After my daughter left home and I retired from teaching
I let it all go. Still I miss the corn snakes and columbian red trants. Now I'm gone on trips to much. Just have a Brittany spaniel.

ODglock27

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here are a few from my arachnid collection. None of mine are as big as the one in the OP but theyre still loads of fun to 'play' with. Ive kept arachnids and reptiles since I was a kid. I used to gather them in the desert near us and take them home. I first started collecting when we were on our way back to San Diego once from Mexico. Me and my little brother would always see these huge black or brown tarantulas just hopping up and down the road behind us while we were driving home, so one day I asked my dad to stop and let me try to catch one to take home. We managed to get one in a cup and I took it home and put it in an old aquarium. Have had em ever since. I have a room just for my critters and the wife wont go near it. People ask why I have them. I just have always loved them and reptiles. When I turn on the blacklights and tank lights in there at night its cool just to sit and observe them, or get them out and 'play' with them.

i8.photobucket.com_albums_a30_nofearfactor_critters_tarantula_735_600x450.jpg

i8.photobucket.com_albums_a30_nofearfactor_critters_l_4e4131cb30d0499db6a00267cec97873.gif

i8.photobucket.com_albums_a30_nofearfactor_critters_Pandora.jpg

Love the emporer (sp?) scorpion :)

I really like the light colored ones that are really venomous as they glow under a black light. I always told my wife I was going to make a coffee table that housed the glow scorps just cause it would look sick at night. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom