imhntn This one is for you

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In an earlier thread about persimmons, you wanted a pic of them on the persimmons.
I got home tonight, and while loking out the front window, saw a doe jump the fence into the patch. You can see the persimmons in the top center and right of the pic.
I kept a big oak between me and her, but what I didn't see was the other deer just inside the trees, that spooked her.
The other pics are some more my wife shot of a bachelor group of small bucks that came through the yard. 4 total, but only got two in the pic. The rest were too fuzzy.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cool pics Dennis. That looks like one fat doe!

She is a very old doe.
I've been hunting on a DMAP for 6 years now, and the first year, we shot some button bucks thinking they were does, and now we know how to recognize them. Long snouts and a sagging belly= a mature doe. We even have this one named.....whiskers.
She has one whisker that is almost 10" long. Can't see it in the pics posted, but the other fuzzy ones I deleted had a different light on it, and showed it. We've seen her for three years now. Always has one fawn.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She is a very old doe.
I've been hunting on a DMAP for 6 years now, and the first year, we shot some button bucks thinking they were does, and now we know how to recognize them. Long snouts and a sagging belly= a mature doe. We even have this one named.....whiskers.
She has one whisker that is almost 10" long. Can't see it in the pics posted, but the other fuzzy ones I deleted had a different light on it, and showed it. We've seen her for three years now. Always has one fawn.

Those are awesome pics. I have deer in my yard quite a bit but it is always ay night. Wish I could see them in the daytime.

Latest posts

Top Bottom