In search of purse carry gun for daughter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She's living in a bad neighborhood and is not comfortable walking from car to apartment. She calls her boyfriend, and he walks out to get her to the apartment. 9mm with at least 13 round magazine. If it were left up to me she'd have AR15 with a 10" barrel and a 30rd mag. Something with a barrel length of 4" and medium size grip. My wife said her hand and daughters are about the same size and she loves her 92FS. It could be a purse carry but I think it would be too big.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm fond of my S&W Shield Plus, which comes in a 4" barrel version and if you use the 13 round mags it's a pretty good grip. The flush fitting 10 rounder never leaves a spot for my pinky to rest. I also like my new PSA Dagger full size, but that may be bigger than you are looking for.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would avoid purse carry and teach her how to carry on her person. Most women would hafta search and dig around in their purse to find their gun. But what's worse is if a thug grabs her purse and runs. She just armed the guy.

Take her to H&H. They have female instructors there who can teach her, because women carry styles and issues are very different than mens.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I would avoid purse carry and teach her how to carry on her person. Most women would hafta search and dig around in their purse to find their gun. But what's worse is if a thug grabs her purse and runs. She just armed the guy.

Take her to H&H. They have female instructors there who can teach her, because women carry styles and issues are very different than mens.
This^^^
What area does she live in?

floggindave

New to the site!
Reaction score
You can pick up a Springfield XD-M Elite OSP 3.8'' 9mm on kygunco for 360 right now. absolute steal and it comes with 2 13rd mags. You can also get the 4.5" for the same price. A fantastic firearm that should be great for her and at a great price.

ETA: the 4.5" has 19 rd mags

Bigdawg90

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried everything with my wife. The only way she reliably carries everyday is with a concealed carry purse. I know it’s not ideal, but I’d rather her have it on her.

With modern women’s styles, concealed carry on the person just isn’t feasible everyday.

I went with a p365xl with a thumb safety. It sits in a zipper portion with one of those sticky pocket holsters. 12+1 and then she has a neo mag with a 15 rd and/or a 15 rd in her purse.

Also look up botach and get some high end OC spray. For whatever reason, sometimes my wife doesn’t like her concealed carry purses and wants one of her clutches. There’s no gun that’ll fit in those so I have my LE pepper spray canister that fits in those.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My daughter settled on a Kahr in 9mm. She liked it best and shot it well. The other one you might look at is the Hellcat. 15 rounds of 9mm in a very nice size, only slightly bigger than the Kahr. I also agree she should carry it on the person if possible. Nothing worse than fighting over your purse with a purse snatcher knowing your pistol is inside where you can't quite reach it.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My daughter settled on a Kahr in 9mm. She liked it best and shot it well. The other one you might look at is the Hellcat. 15 rounds of 9mm in a very nice size, only slightly bigger than the Kahr. I also agree she should carry it on the person if possible. Nothing worse than fighting over your purse with a purse snatcher knowing your pistol is inside where you can't quite reach it.
Just to be clear, the “man” speaks from experience of fighting over his purse. I mean European man bag.

Jokes aside, I agree with what everyone has said. On your person, not in a purse, which is a target.

Latest posts

Top Bottom