Informal Pistol Match in Ada

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greezypete

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The gunrunners indoor range 3 miles west of Ada has started hosting an informal pistol match on the first and third wed. of each month. The match starts at 4 pm and goes till 6:45ish. Just kind of a come and go kind of thing. They call you if you win anything.

The first wed is a rim fire match. The Third wed match is a center fire match.

Entry is $10. bring your own ammo , or buy it there.

They give you 4 targets to shoot 10 rounds each. The smallest group of the 4 is measured and entered. Whoever has the smallest group , wins.

I think the winner splits the entry with the range , while second and third place get some small prize.

The first center fire match is 5-16-2012. Thats THIS wed for anyone interested.

Last edited:

greezypete

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The next match is a rimfire match on 6-6-12. $10 entry , bring your own ammo , or buy it there.

I was wrong on the prizes. First place gets a $50 gift cert. from the gun store. Second and third get some small token prize. (I got 3rd at the center fire match, It was a fluke I assure you)

I encourage anyone close to Ada to stop by and give it a try. NO pressures , just good fun.

We need more shooters because the same guys keeps winning. (I just compete , Im not affiliated with the store. I just want to see more shooters)

greezypete

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Both the rimfire pistol , and the center fire pistol are shot at 10 yards.

They have a ribbon hanging off of the ceiling deflectors at the 10 yard mark. Just run your target out to the ribbon and your good.

Its pretty layed back. Theres no time limit on shot speed or anything, as long as you turn in your targets by closing time. They start the competiton at 4pm ish , and end it 15 min before the range closes that night. The shooters can either hang around and visit or leave if they wish. The range will notify you if you placed.

A few of my buddies and myself really enjoy it. Im new to competing , and I was pretty nervious shooting against seasoned shooters. My fears were completely unfounded.

Have I said its really layed back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom