Interest in a pistol/knife fighting class?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trying to think of something a little different then a standard carbine only or pistol only class. I'm trying to talk a guy into setting up a two day class were the first day is pistol and second day is deploying your folder or small fixed blade as a backup. Would there be an interest in this? Not sure on cost but would be similar to other classes I'm sure so somewhere in the $400 to $600 I'd guess. It would be taught by a former SEAL.

rmwolf

Marksman
Reaction score
Josh, have you considered CQT and Edged Weapons at USSA? Each are 2 day courses with a lot of force-on-force. These are both well developed courses, and well received on this forum. They are taught by Mike Brown and Brandon Bennett, and are currently on the spring schedule.

FWIW, I highly recommend.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This wouldn't be a force on force class. Just a one day pistol class and a one day knife employment class only done back to back. I have talked with Mike though at the last class we were in together about putting his class on at the OKC gun club but we decided our facilities wouldn't accomodate it. I'm just tired of the run of the mill classes and thinking of something a little different.

LWysocki

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My sister is a SEAL....but on a more serious note-Josh, I think you would be hard pressed to find a better class than what Mike (aka the pretty one) Brown teaches......if you do, I'm in

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This wouldn't be a force on force class. Just a one day pistol class and a one day knife employment class only done back to back. I have talked with Mike though at the last class we were in together about putting his class on at the OKC gun club but we decided our facilities wouldn't accomodate it. I'm just tired of the run of the mill classes and thinking of something a little different.

I think if you are looking for a knife deployment class, it is kinda pointless if it is not primarily force on force.

How do you learn what deployment methods are effective if it's done against air?

Michael Brown

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree. What I should have said was it's not force on force like your class our a southnarc class. I honestly don't know exactly how it's run I just read an AAR from one of the classes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom