Interesting Find

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ai933.photobucket.com_albums_ad177_davs2601_000001.jpg

Here ya go!! I had thought about building a few, but the season has snuck up on me again

Kingmarine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am also considering a few of these. I think I would make loading area larger to hold more feed. Where I hunt is 2.5 hours away and keeping it filled would be a chore though. There has to be a way...

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The PVC feeders will go through tons of corn. I used to use them but it seems any critter in the woods will eat corn. That is the primary reason I switched to the autofeeders. I could afford 50lbs every couple of days.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am also considering a few of these. I think I would make loading area larger to hold more feed. Where I hunt is 2.5 hours away and keeping it filled would be a chore though. There has to be a way...

cut a 4" hole in the bottom of a 55gal drum, then make the PVC come out below the barrel 2-3ft. use a come along and strap to lift/hold the barrel up and against the tree. with a flat bottom the drum will still hold about 10gal of corn when it quits gravity feeding. that will make capacity about 300lbs instead of 30lbs.
I don't have any pictures though, sorry.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have plans of a cheap 55 gal drum gravity feeder that requires no feeder, yet keeps the feed high enough that coons can't get into it. Problem is that the feed is there 24-7 and the deer don't condition themselves to come to "feeding time" with an electronic model.
Haven't built one to take a pic of, but the plan is in my head.
Wish I had a program at home to illustrate this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom