Introducing the Glock 44!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think there's a big difference from covering every plausible scenario, and .366oz potentially causing issues on your new product.

Agree, and I’m disappointed also.

My previous response was more directed at the optic part of your comment.

It is much like every other semi-auto .22 I have owned. You have to vet the gun/ammo you intend to use.

I’m not sorry about my purchase at all.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
More later, but I put the stock sights back on gun 1 and it ran 100% on 300+ rounds of standard velocity CCI and Aquila. Neither gun likes Federal Match SV

e94af754a85f779bc977fd8adf98625c.jpg
e94af754a85f779bc977fd8adf98625c.jpg

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess the next question. Are you willing to try aftermarket sights on second gun to see if it has same issues as first?

Yes, that is the plan. But, I won’t have tine to do it for a couple days.
I also need to pick up some more CCI SV. I have plenty of the Aguila. I also have a lighter rear sight coming this week.

It will get aftermarket sights in the end. It runs fine with CCI HV ammo with them. But I want to figure out more about it. I know of another gun that has issue with aftermarket sights.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
So on the plinkster review. He did show that the mags take some tinkering to make sure the last round is in perfect. I have other 22s that require the same thing. I think its just an inherent part of the 22lr and mags that stack rounds.

As for the gun not shooting 36gr ammo. I call a mega B.S. on that. First thing I tried was 36gr Golden Bullets and it ate them up. That is what I shot the majority of the time in mine yesterday. 36gr GB have been as reliable for me at CCI Minimags the gold standard of 22. The Federal bulk 36gr #745 he is using are cheap plinking ammo. They are the brother to the Federal 510 which is the 40gr Champion variant. I shot the 510 for a long time and 745. When I finally ran out of pre scare 510. I can tell you the new 510 ain't as reliable and neither is the 745. Hence my changing to Golden Bullets it runs every 22lr pistol and semi rifle I own without issue. Since he is sponsored by Federal/CCI I doubt he wants to say that Remington's bullets run good in it. The cheap federal field and range I tried did run without issue.

As for price I think $359 is a more than fair price. Its a GLOCK for goodness sakes, their reputation and name lets the command a premium to some other guns. They are making the gun in house. They aren't farming it out to umarex or gsg. The price may even drop a bit more once Academy gets a hold of them. To tell people to go buy a Taurus instead of this. Thats just sillyness.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Federal Champion 36 grain has ran 100% in mine so far. I’ll run more thru it this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As for the gun not shooting 36gr ammo. I call a mega B.S. on that. First thing I tried was 36gr Golden Bullets and it ate them up. That is what I shot the majority of the time in mine yesterday. 36gr GB have been as reliable for me at CCI Minimags the gold standard of 22. The Federal bulk 36gr #745 he is using are cheap plinking ammo. They are the brother to the Federal 510 which is the 40gr Champion variant. .

I have two friends with G44 that were having issues with both guns with Federal 36g HP that was in the 1100 bucket from Academy. Both 100% stock guns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom