Iranian Ship Sinks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The libertarian in me could get a lot closer to this, if it was 1910. In the nuclear age though, I don't think it works. Now the thing that get's us 'involved' could be the disappearance of NYC. I assume you are OK with Israel going away? After that, they would be content and not hostile toward USA?

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The libertarian in me could get a lot closer to this, if it was 1910. In the nuclear age though, I don't think it works. Now the thing that get's us 'involved' could be the disappearance of NYC. I assume you are OK with Israel going away? After that, they would be content and not hostile toward USA?
Is there any direct evidence for Iran’s participation of 9-11. Not sue there is or not, just asking.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I doubt Israel would “go away”, though they might learn some negotiation skills.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just asking for a personal opinion. I don’t think there is an moral equivalence between US & Iran. Do you ?
What about Nazi Germany, N Korea, Cuba, or any other oppressive regime? Simple yes or no question.

Again, with regards to the morals of the US and Iran, whose morals? Would the US be so superior, especially considering the US tolerance of abortion? Over 60 million unborn babies killed. How many of the world's despots killed as many?

While the citizens of each country will have their own idea of what is morally right, none of them will be the final judge. They will all be subject to God's judgement.

We can speak of moral equivalence, but only God holds the standard of what is moral.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Again, with regards to the morals of the US and Iran, whose morals? Would the US be so superior, especially considering the US tolerance of abortion? Over 60 million unborn babies killed. How many of the world's despots killed as many?

While the citizens of each country will have their own idea of what is morally right, none of them will be the final judge. They will all be subject to God's judgement.

We can speak of moral equivalence, but only God holds the standard of what is moral.

If abortion is your only measure, you are less than shortsighted. Try doing some honest research.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Who’s morals?? Yours. it’s just a yes/no question. In your personal opinion, is there a moral equivalence? Yes or no.
Amazed that you guys can’t even answer the simple question.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
“Only measure”- you see, that’s just it. There are many facets to the moral question, measured by what? Murder? Rape? Lying? Government-sanctioned killings? Deviancy? Alcoholism....ooh, there’s a good one....probably relevant, wouldn’t you say BH?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not gonna try that - but if I was in charge of policy, I'd start by eliminating foreign aid to all countries. American's earnings should not be given away.

Next, I'd invite all parties to a conference. No pre-conditions, no ********. Eliminate sanctions, eliminate restrictions on free trade, with the exception of high tech weaponry. Let the guys in the hood decide what's best for their people, and how far to push it. Let everyone in the region know nuclear war will get the US involved, as will limitations on safe travel in international waters.

Other than that, carry right on with killing yourselves.
Totally isolationist libertarian policy decision. ^^^^^
While I agree foreign aid needs to be highly censored with the exception of our true allies around the world where we need to be to keep the peace and protect them.
It would be a utopian dream to get the world powers in a conference. It would never happen not because of the US, it would be from the insane requirements of the foreign states.
During the Vietnam peace negotiations,there were 5 initiatives for peace over the length of the war to get the US out without looking like they had lost it.
4 failed while Americans and Vietnamese died and suffered. North and South, civilian and military.
Months were spent at the 5th attempt while American and Vietnamese lives on both sides were lost to determine the shape of the table the peace talks were to be discussed over.
Simple issues like this would overwhelm your libertarian mindset.
I have zero issues letting those in the middle east exterminate themselves with the exception of Israel. They are simply defending themselves, and I can discuss that point very well if wanted.
Trump had us energy independent. We were actually exporting oil on the world market and were not subject to the whims of OPEC to make more money by manipulating the supply of oil.
Brain dead biden has us buying oil from the middle east again. Prices rising, supply in peril again. Eliminating sanctions put on by Trump to stop the flow of oil from russia into Europe so they are not dependant on a communist country for their energy needs. BTW, look up what relative of Angela Merkel is on the board of that Russian pipeline, and you will understand.
Why would you eliminate all sanctions, have free trade on everything but high tech weapons? If the middle east is ok to eliminate themselves in your stated opinion, why shouldn't we allow them the weaponry to do that much quicker so we can go into the glass skate bowl and harvest the remainder of the oil?
I could go on for hours, but enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom