Ireland and England - Been there? Places you enjoyed visiting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please help me make travel decisions. Sound off on your favorite places if you enjoyed visiting Ireland, Nothern Ireland or England.

So many places to see and things to do and not enough time to do it all. We've only got about 8 days, no real budget in mind.

Some places considered:

London Eye
Tower of London
Stonehenge
Blarney Castle (blarney stone)
Guinness Dublin
Jameson Dublin
Titanic museum Belfast

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So much history around the Motherlands. I want to hike Hadrians wall. Anywhere in all three. Shooting sports at Churchill. South of France, Toulouse to each cost. Far less expensive than you think. Luxembourg Belgium Nederland. All wonderful.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The London Eye was ok, just a huge Ferris Wheel but with good views of the city. I didn't do too much touristy stuff. Pubs are neat. I do regret not going into Westminster Abbey and not going to the Imperial War Museum. The tube and the buses are easy to use. I do recommend getting a pass if you use them with any frequency.

Neil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We went to Ireland last year, spent St. Patrick's day in Dublin. We enjoyed the Irish wool shops on Grafton Street. We had pints at the Brazen Head Pub, which opened in 1198. Be sure you check out the Book of Kells at Trinity University while in Dublin too.

Bunratty Castle was really neat. You can go all through the castle and the historic village next to it. Limerick was fun, as was Kilkenny. Good food, fun pubs, good shopping.

The Cliffs of Moher are pretty spectacular. You can see St. Nicholas' grave at Jerpoint Park. Glendalough is probably the most beautiful place I've ever been.

We found the food was really good and the beer amazing. Guinness in Ireland really does taste better. The people were super friendly.

I could spend a month there and never get tired of it, and still not see all the great sites.

Latest posts

Top Bottom