is there any demand for twice fired 223 brass?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
a friend and i bought one of those 500rd boxes for once fired bvac 223. and i think we managed to pick up most of it. there may be some once fired from other times we shot different stuff.

i looked up a simple google search and found that someone said theres no real specific number of times a caseing can be reloaded, it varies by what powder and such.

so i was just curious if i should toss this ammo. or would i become even more of a laughing stock if i posted it on the classifieds?

Last edited:

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never throw any brass away. At the very least it has scrap value which is higher then one would think. Post it in the classifieds. Someone would buy it if it was a fair price

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Once fired brass can be found for as low as 50 bucks shipped. Id say 40 per K for your brass would sell quickly. Just do us all a favor and offer it to badger first

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is no specific number of times that brass can be reloaded. Use common sense and develop a good inspection and preparation routine and just shoot them till they don't pass inspection.

When they don't pass throw them in a bucket and save them for the scrap yard. Then buy some more and start again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom