Is there anyplace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where people are just nice and friendly to be nice and friendly?
Not here unfortunately sometimes. Say somethingthout through that doesn’t align with the herd and get roasted unfortunately. Libtard etc…
Sometimes you may learn something or can at least respect another’s point of view without the piling. It’s got worse the last several years.
I couldn’t care less about political, religious affiliation if you are a good person.
I really don’t see it in the real world, but put a keyboard in front of some.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm one of those guys who greets everyone I walk past in Walmart, grocery store, wherever. If I don't say anything, I at least give them that "I acknowledge you" nod. My daughter gets embarrassed whenever I strike up a conversation with our waiter/waitress, especiallywhen Icall them by name. Hell, I'll even shoot the breeze with the person at the drive thru window. But, my folks owned a small market back in the 70s, so I learned customer service skills when I was in kindergarten.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where people are just nice and friendly to be nice and friendly?
Join our RV group! 24-7 fun when we all get together. All the things that divide people when working seem to dissolve when retired. No more social one-upmanship, nobody gives a crap what you did for a living nor how much money you made or you're ranking in the business.
How much fun are we going to have today is the modus-operandi. God, I love this life!

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sad to say no there isn't- illegal entry into the country has increased the poor and increased crime and people who want to do harm to others, sometimes for no reason or a stupid reason. The prison system has not helped and now the lack of will to punish criminals only makes it easier to continue being criminals and running over anybody in the way. So, what does this do to me? Makes me have a short fuse for those who can't or don't see what's happening around us. You can't drive anywhere and not encounter a panhandler. I tend to just ignore these folks as they make a job out getting something for nothing. On the other hand, many of these folks' lack an ability to comingle with society and work around others. I've seen Manpower people who are great workers for a few days and wonder why they don't you get a real job. Then on the 4-5th day I see it. They can only get along with others for a few days and then they are ready to have a fight over nothing many times. Sorry if I come off a little tough, but it's tough ole place out here.

Reaction score
Think the world is kinda what you make it (to an extent anyway, lol) Seems the lack of tolerance for others leads to systemic negativity. Other view points, or just the freedom to have different general ways of thinking is one reason I like living here. The ability to "agree to disagree" and still be able to have lunch together seems to have been lost somewhere along the way. Now, its I disagree, and I hate you. Don't get me wrong, there are those who wish to visit violence on you and others. The world can for sure take your life. But, kindness is as much a choice as it is an action. **Just my opinion and I respect those that differ."

Latest posts

Top Bottom