It’s going to get cold!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The fuel depots add anti-gel. Amount depends on location, farther north, more additive.
A cold blast like this, it is best to add some more.
Filled up truck in Florida, load going to Boston. Ended up shut down from gel.
Was more aware of weather and where we were headed, after that.

The next few days will be for reloading and snelling leaders; can't find anybody to go fishing.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe? My house is OLD...has mostly newer windows but that's about it. Main part built in 1890s and the add-on in the 1960s, so it has more "modern" insulation.
The house I had in Oklahoma was built in 1954. When I did a whole house remodel, there was no insulation in the walls and 1" of insulation in the attic. The heating and cooling bills were cheap after the upgrades.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
3 degrees currently. I have the RV and the central heat unit in the shop set at 40 degrees. Got up this morning and they were both at 39 so good to go there.
Tinkered in the shop all day running the CA unit up to 70. 66* was the best it could do, so fired up the double barrel stove and got it up to 73* before throttling down the wood burner. That thing is amazing.
Set an alarm last night getting up every three hours to run the faucets in the front and rear bathrooms while running a drip in the kitchen which is the most vulnerable. So far everything is ok.

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fixed the smoker but decided not to try it since it's so cold. Need to get a welding blanket to wrap it in during the winter lol.

Protip: Dont test the smoker in a closed garage.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sausages.jpg
Perfect sausage making weather. Smoked for about 8 hours, deer and cheese with just a touch of habanero.

Last edited:

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Clear....+5°....14 mph NW wind....with a -12° WC in Norman this morning.

Not time to take the heavy blanket off the bed just yet but at least it is going to be a little warmer this week.

7day.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom