It Begins: Black Lives Matter Mob Demands White People Move Out of Homes and Leave Them for Black Pe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know, right?? It's crazy. I bought my copy about 10 years ago for $30. A couple months later there was this frenzy and you couldn't buy a copy for less than $100 -- IF you could find it at all. The guy who sold it to me wanted to know if I'd sell it back to him for $30. :scratch::hellno: Then he told me if I was an honorable person I'd give him another $70. ****ing weirdo. I swear I can sure pick'em ...:bigeye::preocc::scream:

It's that 'what the market will bear' thingie. He sold it back then for what the market would bear. If he wants another these days, it'll cost him what the market will bear. Again. Still. As usual. For ever more.

Woody

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do think... I think for lots of minutes. And I think you're just flat WRONG. Many cultures can maintain their own uniqueness and identity without being subsumed by another. Maintaining one's culture doesn't automatically require the denigration OR the exclusion of another. Of course, there are some aspects of certain cultures that are automatically antithetical or incompatible with others, or with a peaceful and harmonic society which includes the tolerance of, celebration of and coexistence with other cultures.

You can claim whatever you want... that to keep one's culture intact is to automatically exclude all others, but that doesn't make it true. That is just more tribalism and is the basis of identity politics. I don't buy it, I don't believe it and in spite of the examples of many cultures warring in a given society, there are also plenty of other examples in the US and worldwide that prove many cultures can coexist, maintain their heritage and still benefit from the experience of exposure to other cultures. Maintaining your cultural identity, contrary to some people's belief, is NOT necessarily the complete and total exclusion of any outside influence.

I'm sorry if you believe that - and I'm even sorrier if you advocate it.
You’re probably right. Just look at the Cherokee or the Apache...getting outnumbered by Europeans sure didn’t bother them any. Living in harmony with the Osage and Comanche, we could take lessons from them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You’re probably right. Just look at the Cherokee or the Apache...getting outnumbered by Europeans sure didn’t bother them any. Living in harmony with the Osage and Comanche, we could take lessons from them.
Blah, there are tons of examples of those that don't desire diversity.
Every major city in the US has enclaves of migrants that have little Italy, China town and others.
Parades to celebrate the Irish and so on.
I'm troubled by the enclaves of our Black and Hispanic Society.
Why are they typically in low income housing areas rampant with crime and illegal drug use?
Who do they typically vote for?

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every major city in the US has enclaves of migrants that have little Italy, China town and others.
Why are they typically in low income housing areas rampant with crime and illegal drug use?

Not sure about this one. The neighborhood around where I grew up in Tulsa was pretty nice, very low crime, middle class. You ought to see it now.....places where I used to walk as a child, I warned my 25 year old recent Marine about taking a job.

Neighborhood park/rec center I used to go to was home to one of Tulsa's more horrific murders.

https://www.newson6.com/story/5e363...a-man-found-guilty-in-hicks-park-murder-trial

America is a melting pot. Folks that want to achieve, take part are welcome, and a benefit. Oddly enough, our home-grown occupants seem to cause more trouble than our visitors from down south. In fact, it appears that local "youths" target Hispanics because they are less likely to report crimes.

So why does East Tulsa suffer crime and drug use disproportionate to the rest of Tulsa? Is this a tribal equation?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score

Straw man. Finding examples of cultures or societies destroyed by conquerors most certainly is not proof that cultures can't live together in harmony. In fact, if one desires to look for it, the entire world is replete with examples of them doing exactly that.

Of course there will always be some clashes between cultures, and NO PLACE is free of crime... but to say cultures absolutely CANNOT coexist and maintain their cultural identity (note, I did NOT say exclude all outside influence) is just flat out wrong and in my opinion is one of the roots of xenophobia.

I welcome other cultures and their influences in my life. If you or others don't, well, then you're missing out on a lot of positive experiences.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 171141

I agree.

I had to send off for it when the late Dr. Peter Kokalis said in Shotgun news that it was "The most disturbing read he had ever read. That said, it ranks only below the Holy Scripture in required reading...the most frightening novel ever written about a federal bureaucracy spun totally out of control"

I was a big fan of Dr. Kokalis (still am) and met him once at the big LA show before Diane Feinstein legislated it completely out of existance.

Don't know too much about the author...John Ross, except he is a heck of an author.

I've had this for at least 15 years, I guess. About time for a re-read. 861 pages.
Oh I'll definately read it again soon. Might be a good time killer this fall/winter. I remember it was a long read but I couldnt put it down.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

If it weren't for people who didn't give a bowl movement about enclaves, I wouldn't exist. My ancestry consists of sea captains, fur trappers, doctors, carpenters, entertainers, Catholics, Protestants, and a Blackfoot Indian squaw.

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom