Jack Ruby's gun on Gunbroker?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"How do I know it's Jack Ruby's hat? Well if I'm gonna spend money on it I gotta know if it's Jack Ruby's hat. Okay, what colors does it come in?" - Dale Gribble

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The first auction was for $15,000 and he lowered the price until it finally sold for $1500. I wonder if it was authentic.

based on the s&w thread it was authentic. The serial matched a dallas PD report where he was arrested for ccw with it in his pocket during a bar fight. That is amazing. I hope everything comes out and works out as stated though.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eighteen dollars of sales tax? In 1960s Texas? On a gun worth, according to the seller, less than a hundred bucks? Hmmmm . . .

Even Mulder, (X-Files "I want to believe."), should have a tough time with this one. CB

Tom K

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-hand-ejectors-1896-1961/104862-jack-rubys-other-gun.html

You guys gotta check out this story. Click the link to see the gunbroker ad and read the forum posts.

I'm the original poster in that S&W thread, and darned if I can remember how I found that auction in the first place. But it looks like the buyer put in enough detective work to verify that it was indeed authentic, and got it at 1/10 the original asking price. Good for him!

Latest posts

Top Bottom