Jug Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just finished getting my jugs ready! They'll be in the water soon and I'll be up for the rest of the night with a line in the water on Beaver Lake. Hopefully I'll have some good news tomorrow. I'm also bring my .22 because you never know...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the day when I had the pontoon, we used to fish Kaw with jugs.
We fished at night, and one night, we had set out all of the jugs, and were just drifting to get back to the other end, and both of us fell asleep. (no alcohol)
I woke up with a noise that was the waves washing up on the rip rap of sarge creek bridge. Got the motor fired up just in time to keep from washing up on the bank and tearing up the boat.

two-click

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ran the jugs tonight for about an hour and a half caught 6 channels the biggest about 5-6 lbs down to 1 1/2-2 lbs nothing great but enough for me and mama.She uses a Cajun mix that is great HMMM good

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of jugliners at Tom Steed. I used to troll a lot there, and they seemed to know exactly where the good points and dropoffs were. Not a real cozy relationship between the jugliners and the other fishermen, but we always left the jugs alone until they started growing moss. Then they were fair game. CB

Latest posts

Top Bottom