July CMP rifle shoot at MGC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waltham41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Someone please correct me if I am wrong, there are three seperate shoots, garand only, then modern military (semi auto) with rule limitations, then vintage military (bolt action)with rule limitations.

Also if I am not mistaken, its $10 per event for a total of $30 if you shoot all 3 events of the day....

The club is hoping to have CMP 30-06 ammo on hand for sale for use in the garand match, and I THINK some loaner garands will be avaliable.

Will be a notary public there to notarize your paperwork so make sure to bring ID.

Phat Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CMP Match starts this Saturday morning at 9:00 am. And, yes, we’re going to start at 9:00, not 11:30! First Match will be M1 Garand, followed by M16/Military Semi-Auto, and then Vintage Military (Bolt-Action). All targets will be shot at from the 200 yard line. Shooters are permitted to bring and use their own shooting jackets, gloves, spotting scope and shooting mats. Mats are Highly recommended! Certificates will be awarded to all competitors and Achievement Pins will be awarded to high scorers according to the following formula:
M1 Garand: Gold - 280+
Silver – 272 – 279
Bronze – 262 – 271
Modern Military: Same
Vintage Military: Gold - 278+
Silver – 271-277
Bronze – 258-270

Also, questions about the entry fee: it is $10.00 per Match Event. If you enter all three events, bring $30.00! Remember, the entry fee will be divided up amongst the top three competitors. Were you to only enter Vintage Military competing directly against experienced M1 Garand shooters, your chances of winning would go Waay Down.

Final note on the CMP: we all have to sign a notarized waiver. a club member went to the expense specifically to get a Notary Seal just for us, so it will cost an additional $5.00 this time only. It is a one-time thing, but they certainly need to be reimbursed. So far, I haven’t been able to afford to get mine, so their waiver will have to go un-notarized ‘til sometime in the future. (we retain waivers)

It’s going to be HOT, so bring plenty of fluids to stay hydrated. We are no longer allowed to hand out salt tablets...

Latest posts

Top Bottom