Kel-Tec RMR-30 Prototype

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tcox

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
PMR is a blast! like NightHawk said its amazingly light. Im sure the RMR will be the same. The CCI FMJ feed the best from what I have found. Hornady did not do well at all.

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The RMR carbine looks shockingly cool -- as long as it runs.

I agree that a .22 LR version would be the bomb for steel challenge and assorted "tactical .22" fun. The various .22 AR clones are great but you don't really need a full .223 sized carbine for the cartridge.

The RMR is more like what the Euros call "PDW" size. Especially with the retractable stock. Just a sweet concept.

Kel-Tec may be the most innovative US commercial small arms maker.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I've actually gotta say, I like a lot of what KT has been doing. Just wish they would up their quality just a bit, and get up to speed on production.

The PF-9 I have is not the prettiest, nor most accurate, nor easiest to shoot of the pocket 9s, but it is sure is a great bang for the buck gun. And from what I can tell, it's as reliable as any of the others. Meaning shoot yours to make sure. It's competitive in size to the Kahr PM-9 and Rohrbaugh R9s, just slightly larger; however it is lighter than both. And you can buy 2 for the price of 1 PM-9, or 4:1 vs the Rohrbaugh.

The Sub-2000 uses common mags, is reasonably accurate, and folds to a stupid short length. Even with .40, it's got very very little recoil. And with the longer barrel, it's quieter than a pistol. Again, for the price, what's not to like?

The SU-16, offers lower price point than an AR, folds, uses AR mags and is pretty lightweight. Not a competitor to the AR, but for "truck gun" or "ranch rifle" use it makes sense. Also, with the flush fit 10rd mags and 2 spares in the stock, it's a lot handier than the AR platform.

Need I mention the RFB?

What I really want to see is a usable .22 lr conversion for the PF-9.

Tom K

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I really want to see is a usable .22 lr conversion for the PF-9.

Here ya go: PF922 Conversion Kit

I've received an email that says it's supposed to be entering production soon. Projected cost is around $200. That's a sizeable fraction of the cost of a PF-9, but it's not out of line with the cost of .22 conversion units for other guns.

ai53.tinypic.com_12349oj.jpg

ai56.tinypic.com_29z9eab.jpg

BulkAmmo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have my attention now.

PMR-30
RMR-30
KSG-12 (dual feed pump 12ga shotgun!!)

I plan on getting the PMR/RMR combo for sure. Going to wait a bit on the KSG-12 and see how it functions. If the price is right though I can't imagine not picking one up. I want to get my hands on an RFB also.

Kel-Tec is making some really great firearms right now. My complaint is that too many have to be sent back and the waiting periods are far too slow. I love that they come out with new designs all the time. I just wish they could keep up with demand a little better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom