Kentucky court clerk....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, the more people we have in the middle the better off we'll be.

I don't feel like I'm in the middle. I feel like I'm on a bench watching two groups of morons fight in the street and neither group sees the big bus coming down the road...

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And now the Oath Keepers have threatened the judge and offered to provide "security" in order to stop any new attempts to take this clerk into custody.

I find myself drawing farther and farther away from both the far left AND the far right these days.

I find it ironic that the Oath Keepers want to keep her from upholding her oath to do her job.

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read an interesting review yesterday in which Huckabee made a good point; there is no law for her to follow.

The supremacy's decision, no matter how flawed, Kagan and Ginsburg should have, under the rules of the court, recused themselves from the decision due to their officiating at same sex ceremonies prior to hearing the case.

But even so, the decision does not write new law. That is up to the legislature to do. As yet, they have not done so. It is important to remember that what, 28 states?, have constitutional revisions to comply with the decision.

I thought this perspective was interesting and I had not yet heard it covered. So there it is....

http://www.americanthinker.com/arti..._samesex_marriage_is_the_law_of_the_land.html

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And now the Oath Keepers have threatened the judge and offered to provide "security" in order to stop any new attempts to take this clerk into custody.

I find myself drawing farther and farther away from both the far left AND the far right these days.
And over the weekend Ms. Davis told the oathkeepers to stay away. Not welcome.
That's to her credit.

I read an interesting review yesterday in which Huckabee made a good point; there is no law for her to follow.

The supremacy's decision, no matter how flawed, Kagan and Ginsburg should have, under the rules of the court, recused themselves from the decision due to their officiating at same sex ceremonies prior to hearing the case.

But even so, the decision does not write new law. That is up to the legislature to do. As yet, they have not done so. It is important to remember that what, 28 states?, have constitutional revisions to comply with the decision.

I thought this perspective was interesting and I had not yet heard it covered. So there it is....

http://www.americanthinker.com/arti..._samesex_marriage_is_the_law_of_the_land.html

Huckabee either doesn't understand the SCOTUS ruling or he's deliberately misinforming(lying?) his followers.
The ruling was that the already existing marriage laws apply equally to homosexual couples as well as heterosexual couples under the equal rights clause.
Marriage laws already exist; They are being applied more broadly now.
There's no legislation to pass.

Kim Davis returned to work today and stated that she would not interfere when one of her clerks issued a marriage license to a same sex couple.
Now,

cdn.meme.am_instances_61869634.jpg

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The state law of Kentucky says marriage is between one man and one woman, as it does in several states. So, and I am asking aren't the states that don't have same sex marriage laws the guilty ones?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The state law of Kentucky says marriage is between one man and one woman, as it does in several states. So, and I am asking aren't the states that don't have same sex marriage laws the guilty ones?

Can you quote these for reference?

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Huckabee either doesn't understand the SCOTUS ruling or he's deliberately misinforming(lying?) his followers.
The ruling was that the already existing marriage laws apply equally to homosexual couples as well as heterosexual couples under the equal rights clause.
Marriage laws already exist; They are being applied more broadly now.
There's no legislation to pass.

I don't agree with Huckster or any like him, but what he's saying is correct.

The SCOTUS doesn't get to alter the law, it can only strike them down or let them continue. If they find that the current laws regarding the issuance of marriage licenses is unconstitutional (which I certainly think they are) then they strike down ALL marriage license laws, and give the states time to amend their laws accordingly. If state marriage laws have been struck down, then the law has to be altered to comply with the Constitution and THEN they can begin issuing them.
Remember when Illinois had to begrudgingly pass concealed carry legislation, and they debated to the last minute trying to keep as much Chicago gun-control as possible? That was months after the related SCOTUS ruling forced them to do so. We're basically in the same situation here.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't agree with Huckster or any like him, but what he's saying is correct.

The SCOTUS doesn't get to alter the law, it can only strike them down or let them continue. If they find that the current laws regarding the issuance of marriage licenses is unconstitutional (which I certainly think they are) then they strike down ALL marriage license laws, and give the states time to amend their laws accordingly. If state marriage laws have been struck down, then the law has to be altered to comply with the Constitution and THEN they can begin issuing them.
Remember when Illinois had to begrudgingly pass concealed carry legislation, and they debated to the last minute trying to keep as much Chicago gun-control as possible? That was months after the related SCOTUS ruling forced them to do so. We're basically in the same situation here.
Well that's good news for Kim Davis then.
The KY legislature will refuse to change the law and she can go on denying marriage licenses to sinners.

/sarcasm

Have you read the the SCOTUS majority opinion?

They held that the right of 2 people to marry is an individual human right.
Individual human rights are not derived from government, they belong to the individual. ( I can't believe I am having to explain that on this forum of constitutional experts)

The KY legislature can't deny 2 people the right to marry, and they can't grant the right either.

The marriage licenses being issued by the county clerk don't give people the right to marry.
That's not even the purpose.
The marriage licenses now being issued by the Rowan county clerk office legally document the desire of 2 individual citizens to exercise their own rights to marry.

Huckabee is a dunce.

Latest posts

Top Bottom