kimber special edition ultra carry II

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhawknokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In all seriousness, if they had it without the crimson trace for around 800, I'd buy it yesterday. Really don't want the ct on a ccw, I hate using it when practicing (have it on my m&p40 nightstand gun for the wife). But still, not a bad deal.

bulletbiter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have two 3-inch Kimbers and both have had issues. Mainly failure to extract. The first one had to be completely replaced after the third trip back to the factory. I put 500 rounds through the second to break it in but still have the same issue.

That said, I really do like the Kimbers. The replacement shoots very well. I will be sending the 2nd one back for repair. I believe there were just some issues when Kimber cut down the barrel to 3 inches.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have two 3-inch Kimbers and both have had issues. Mainly failure to extract. The first one had to be completely replaced after the third trip back to the factory. I put 500 rounds through the second to break it in but still have the same issue.

That said, I really do like the Kimbers. The replacement shoots very well. I will be sending the 2nd one back for repair. I believe there were just some issues when Kimber cut down the barrel to 3 inches.

So why do you like Kimbers then? :anyone:

jhawknokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So why do you like Kimbers then? :anyone:

I would have to agree. To me, the Kimber seems like one of the ultimate .45 ccw's. If it had issues where I could not trust it, I would part ways with it and get something else. I haven't heard of a lot of issues with them however.

bulletbiter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even with the issues I had with the 3 inch barrels, I still believe the Kimbers to be high quality guns, especially after getting the first one replaced. It's the most accurate gun I've shot, no matter the barrel size. I have confidence in getting the second repaired/replaced and having it be an excellent gun as well. From the research I did online, I noticed that Kimber was having issues with the conversion of the 1911 down to 3 inches. I bought the second gun with the hopes that it was an issue that was corrected with the new line. I may not necessarily buy another 3 incher, but definitely will buy a 4 or 5. Their customer service is excellent as well. And trust me, I would not carry a gun I have not thoroughly vetted.

Latest posts

Top Bottom