Kissing Crane Knife

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is something for all you knife guys.

My moms side of the family had their Christmas gettogether yesterday. Normal day of family stuff, gals went shopping in the morning & guys went shooting.
Before supper some of the gifts were given out. One of my uncles gave me a "Kissing Crane" folding pocket knife.
I had never heard of this brand of knife until that point.
It looks to be quite good quality, very nice shiney & sharp drop point blade,
Everything polished, tight fit, feels strong with no wobble in the blade when its open. Looks to be a fine pocket knife.
What's your guy's take on "Kissing Crane" knives?

If I could post pics from my phone, I would. But I would have to find a regular computer to get a picture up.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a fixed blade. I believe I received it one year at Christmas as well. I don't think I've ever used it. Honestly, when it comes to field dressing deer, I don't think I have used anything but my McCroskey's in some time. I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with it. Supposed to be German made, or at least used to be. I think they're probably kind of 'at the upper end of the lower end' knives. This one does have a nice heft to it!

KissingCrane.jpg

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The older German knives were a pretty decent knife.The new Chinese made knives are decent but not close to the quality of the German knives.I bought a few from SMKW 20 years ago and have used them hard.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Boker Tree Brand, Kissing Crane, German Eye, Rooster Brand and many more are German pocket knives as well as fixed blade. My favorite due to having bought one is Germany is the Boker Tree Brand made out of Solingen Steel. I believe they all have that type of steel but nonetheless, I like the Tree Brand for quality although they are all of good quality.
At one time if anything was made in Germany it was quality but now I'm not so sure with all the farming out of their products.
IMG_0693.JPG

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FWIW, I was researching kitchen knives a year or two ago and the best ones seemed to be made in Germany. Even the better models of Japanese knives said were made from German steel.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW, I was researching kitchen knives a year or two ago and the best ones seemed to be made in Germany. Even the better models of Japanese knives said were made from German steel.

I have an older set of German Westhuf kitchen knives. They are extremely hard steel, difficult to sharpen, but will hold an edge after lots of abuse.

FlyGuyGSP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a fixed blade. I believe I received it one year at Christmas as well. I don't think I've ever used it. Honestly, when it comes to field dressing deer, I don't think I have used anything but my McCroskey's in some time. I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with it. Supposed to be German made, or at least used to be. I think they're probably kind of 'at the upper end of the lower end' knives. This one does have a nice heft to it!

View attachment 149303

Not to thread jack, but which McCroskey knife do you prefer?

Latest posts

Top Bottom