kla-mart in pryor, im so disappointed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bootsbaker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Big hand written sign on the front door. NO GUNS ALLOWED.

I fully support their right as a business owner to do this, but since they don't support my right to legally carry a firearm for my own self defense then I will no longer shop there. :-( :nono2:

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's one thing I like about the Texas law. Signs have a mandated language, size and font size. If the sign doesn't meet those standards, it doesn't count. I'd love to see that here.

bootsbaker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's one thing I like about the Texas law. Signs have a mandated language, size and font size. If the sign doesn't meet those standards, it doesn't count. I'd love to see that here.

this one was handwritten on one of their in store special signs. I sent them a message via facebook telling them I will no longer be shopping at their store & why. I wasn't a jerk about it, I just pointed out that while I support their right to do it, they don't support mine and that the only people that sign is going to stop are law abiding citizens with a license to legally carry.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh good Lord ... :rolleyes2 Obviously at some point in time (like before Open Carry passed) they did support your right to carry ... as there was NO SIGN AT ALL before then.

Some of you guys' lack of critical thinking skills worries me ... :uhh:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesnt count??? is that like ollie ollie alls in free?
I would settle for them just to leave it alone ( gun laws )....No More Laws. Period

LOL ... yeah, kinda like all the stores that you could conceal carry in (ie, no signs posted AT ALL) until open carry passed ... Now there are "No Carry" signs going up everywhere ... HEY, but we are getting our constitutional freedoms back a little bit at a time, don't 'cha know?

I'm with you ... No More Laws. Period.

bootsbaker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh good Lord ... :rolleyes2 Obviously at some point in time (like before Open Carry passed) they did support your right to carry ... as there was NO SIGN AT ALL before then.

Some of you guys' lack of critical thinking skills worries me ... :uhh:

so then why not just post a no openly carried firearms sign? why ban all guns? Their reply to me was civil but ridiculous, "were sorry you feel that way, my dad is a gun collector, and ive been through the concealed carry class, I have lots of friends that are firefighters and LEO and thats the route we feel is best" WTF? so its ok for them to have the right to carry but not me? that is double suck on their part. but whatever im just passing along another one on the list of gun banners. Not only that so what if they supported it before open carry, they don't support it now, thats what matters my critical thinking skills are just fine.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so then why not just post a no openly carried firearms sign? why ban all guns? Their reply to me was civil but ridiculous, "were sorry you feel that way, my dad is a gun collector, and ive been through the concealed carry class, I have lots of friends that are firefighters and LEO and thats the route we feel is best" WTF? so its ok for them to have the right to carry but not me? that is double suck on their part. but whatever im just passing along another one on the list of gun banners. Not only that so what if they supported it before open carry, they don't support it now, thats what matters my critical thinking skills are just fine.

Once insurance companies get in the mix it is often all or nothing ... Sounds to me like they did not make this decision without some soul-searching and discussion ... How is that ridiculous? Because they came to a conclusion that you do not like? This is what's wrong with the world today. Open carry proponents are a small, small, small minority of the general population, so I'm not real sure just how much real damage you guys can do by not frequenting a place of business. Besides, if your goal is to educate, how is simply refusing to do business with an entity "educating" them on anything other than how grumpy some folks can be if they can't force their personal opinion onto others?

Again, just for the record, I'm personally as not against open carry -- it's not for me, but then again, it's not for me to insist that others take my stance on any number of what have become political/social issues in order for me to do business with them.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

You understand why this is a very bad thing right?

Once an official sign law goes into effect, you're not just trespassing if someone catches you carrying in a posted area and asks you to leave - you're violating state law (and depending on circumstances, maybe even committing a felony).

I enjoy the fact that so long as I keep it concealed - according to state law, if the law doesn't prohibit me from carrying, I can carry there (regardless of a no-guns, no-black/white-people, no-shirt/shoes, no-republican/democrat sign).

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You understand why this is a very bad thing right?

Once an official sign law goes into effect, you're not just trespassing if someone catches you carrying in a posted area and asks you to leave - you're violating state law (and depending on circumstances, maybe even committing a felony).

I enjoy the fact that so long as I keep it concealed - according to state law, if the law doesn't prohibit me from carrying, I can carry there (regardless of a no-guns, no-black/white-people, no-shirt/shoes, no-republican/democrat sign).

I agree, but disagree. If I am not mistaken, the only places that can obtain and post that sign are places recognized by the state as no carry zones. We have those same no carry zones it just we don't have an official sign for it. That's not to say a crafty manager or owner could not fashion one that looks very similar, but I think it increases the clarification to permit carriers exactly where it is a policy or a law as to whether or not they can carry in said establishment. - again I cold be wrong though

Latest posts

Top Bottom