Lack of knowledge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your grandparents said the same thing about the level of knowledge of your generation. People of average intelligence learn things as they get older, and their priorities on what is important change. The twenty-somethings of today will be saying the same thing about their grandkids in 40 years.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your grandparents said the same thing about the level of knowledge of your generation. People of average intelligence learn things as they get older, and their priorities on what is important change. The twenty-somethings of today will be saying the same thing about their grandkids in 40 years.
No offense, but I don't think so... many of our Grandparents didn't finish (or even go to) High School.

However, they did have a strong sense of right and wrong and personal responsibility. Most were too proud to accept handouts. And those values got 'em through the Great Depression and two World Wars.

Nowhere near the same situation IMO.

Just my 2¢ ... :drunk2:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
This speaks volumes.

Capture_3551152b.jpg

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This speaks volumes.

Capture_3551152b.jpg

Incredibly sad.

If I was the teacher that was leading this little field trip, I'd be fired before I could get everyone back on the bus and headed back to school.

I'll say this, I have a very socially inept friend (she's a doctor). I've had to scold her on more than one occasion to put that ****ing phone away, and watch what's going on, or to converse with those around us; or get your ass up and go wait in the ****ing car. Saying that to say this. She's 58, but incredibly socially retarded, and I think cell phones and portable computer devices have made a huge negative impact on the youth of today, and they have mostly all become socially inept. There are exceptions. My kid is ashamed of most people his age, and generally hangs with a much older crowd, or the few friends like him that have more social skills than a river pebble.

The phones are not the only source, as evidenced by my friend mentioned above, but they sure haven't helped matters any.

Latest posts

Top Bottom