Large Frame CCW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

singlewedge

New to the site!
Reaction score
I am considering an S & W M & P 40 Full Size 4.25" barrel for my primary carry. Can this be concealed IWB with a VM2 or similar.

The M & P has the same specs as a full size 1911.

If it is can persons post pics of the CCW so that I can make sure that it works. I will try out the 40c as well to see which is more comfortable.

This is my first post so pardon a Kentucky boy for butting in.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have this same gun in 9mm. The frame is identical. I have a Crossbreed Supertuck holster for it and it conceals well. I am waiting for my CCW, but I have worn it around the house a bunch and sat in my car with it. (In the driveway) It conceals fine around 4-5:00.

B

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
The M&P is not exactly what I would have considered "large frame." But the M&P full size is in between the Glock 19 and 17. The M&P full size should easily be able to be concealed IWB with good concealment garments.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same size as a 1911 = no problem. I carry a full size 1911 under a tshirt with a crossbreed supertuck or a Rafters leather IWB holster. I also conceal the same with an OWB holster under a long shirt or jacket untucked.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd love to be able CCW my full size Gold Cup 1911... concealing something that bulky would be a stretch on me.

for some a 1911 size pistol would disappear.

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It definitely can be done with the right holster, belt, and concealment clothing. I regularly carry a Beretta 92 IWB and have also carried a PX4 when clothing allows - neither of these are small guns. That being said, my work clothing requirements preclude a gun belt and untucked shirt most of the time, so I carry my S&W 642. Obviously, it is easier to conceal and carry a smaller gun.

singlewedge

New to the site!
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'll look into the cross breed. Those that are wearing this with a 4.25" barrel do you need it to be more in the 4/5 position or can it be at the 3/4 position?

Since I am a smaller guy I would assume for me the 4/5. I am 6'0" about 160 pounds. Slight build, but I wear a lot of layers.

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom