Lawton FGST Lunch!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But seriously, while there are lots of apartment complexes here there really aren't very many that would be considered "nice" - and in most cases leasing a house or condo here is almost as cheap as one of those few.

Revo, Sanford is right. 100%

But, if you have to live in a compartment, there are only a few that are in decent neighborhoods. And some that are in decent neighborhoods are to be avoided at all costs! Namely, any of those on Motif Manor are to be considered "on fire" and should be steered clear of. Same with the ones on 38th st.
Nicest ones I know of are probably St. James Apartments on West Cache Rd. There are some nice new ones on Gore, just East of Flowermound rd. More decent ones around Terrence Hills and a couple of older, passable ones on 82nd, same with 67th. Just depends on which part of town you want to live in and how much you can spend.

I'm a ghetto dweller, myself and I'm doin' alright. I also have reasonably strong security in place. But every morning that I see that the vehicles have not suffered an intrusion, I breathe a sigh of relief. (In ten years of living here, I've had a company vehicle broken into twice. Both offenses took place within a month of each other, and I strongly suspect that it was a shady, former co-worker that did it.)

You should join us for lunch sometime - we'll get you lined out... Incredible Rod and myself do utility work "in the field" and know this town better than any taxi driver could ever hope to. We've been in all of it at all times day & night, year after year....

Catch the rest of you cats at the Rib Crib, high noon! :)

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But seriously, while there are lots of apartment complexes here there really aren't very many that would be considered "nice" - and in most cases leasing a house or condo here is almost as cheap as one of those few.

I'll second or third that "rent a house cheaper" cry.

I have a piece of rental property and couldn't believe that we couldn't even get what an apartment complex was charging for rent. It currently has a "for sale" sign up on it!

Take a look at renting a house.

Dave

Bhargrin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another great luncheon today wish we could have stayed longer. However, once Karma saw the security breach on facebook she had to report to the detention center and file an incident report.

I spent the rest of the day shopping for a decent holster belt, in Lawton that is was a needle in a haystack, but they forgot to throw in the needle. after about 6 store we gave up.

This evening I ordered a Looper holster belt from OKC, Even went as far to order a Crossbreed super tuck IWB holster with combat cut and dual magazine IWB holster. Now when I travel to Texas I can conceal with the rest of them.

Now I have to figure out how I will tell my wife what I spent.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I think you'll like the Super Tuck. I've had 3 or 4 of them over the years and they are fine holsters. I've got two Looper belts, as well, and they are well made. And it was an enjoyable lunch yesterday!

Incrediblerod

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys. What we heard this morning was the C-RAM rocket system. It is on the front page of today's paper.
Fort Sill again wins the contest of who has the biggest guns at the range.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CRAM also known as Phalanx, stolen...errr...adapted from the Navy.

Yep. The Navy's CIWS (Close In Weapons System (also caled the Phalanx)) was what the C-RAM was based on. The MOS that I train may be the maintainer for the C-RAM's radar. I told my commander that we will have to make sure we have plenty of 20mm ammo on hand so we can "verift our repairs". :wink2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom