Lawton FGST Lunch!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone in the LFGST happens to shoot .270?
Had a friend that had some ammo he wanted to get rid of since he doesn't use it any more.

Told him I'd ask around.

Dave

Bhargrin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around lately. Been having one of those summers that would make Murphy's law a daily staple.

For almost three months I sat in a dark corner of the house not wanting to do anything. Today I decided I would go into the shop and try to make something. I hadn’t been in the shop in almost a year since Diane became sick. Cell phone in my pocket and vapor full of E-liquid I ventured out the back door.

The morning sun felt good on my pale face as I stepped onto the back porch. I hadn’t taken two steps when a large spider web hit me in the face. My back porch had become a neighborhood for several different species of spiders. But the Black Widow crawling up my arm caught me attention, I quickly sent the spider flying with a glancing blow from my hand. Using the patio broom I made fast work of the remaining webs.

Walking onto the driveway I noticed my whole back yard is waist high with grass and weeds. As I fought my way through the high grass the smell of a skunk hit my nose. I never saw the skunk but I was watching the ground to make sure I didn’t run into him.

I made it to the shop door and entered the code for the door to open. Not paying attention as the shop door was rising, several scorpions landed on me, I knew this when I felt a sharp pain on my right shoulder. It was a frantic battle removing my shirt to evict the three scorpions I saw.

Finally I made it inside the shop, I began putting up tools, and turning on the lights. As I grabbed a coil of extension cord to hang it up I felt a familiar softness to the cords in my hand. And realized a rat snake was sleeping inside the extension cord. As the snake bit my hand I grabbed it by the tail and sent it flying outside the shop. At closer inspection I saw several rat snakes lying around my shop and tools.

At this point I decided today is a good day to stay in the house. I mixed a large bottle of Viper insecticide and loaded a shotgun when I realized I was now ate up with over a dozen chigger bites. Needless to say I am now sitting back in my dark corner doing first aid and thinking maybe tomorrow I will try and go into the shop.

Not sure if I will make it tomorrow I have a doctors appointment around that time.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don, I am glad to see you have returned to your backyard adventures (or a least writing about your ignominious retreat from an adventure).
Hope all goes well tomorrow and it would be great if you can join the FGST at Pizza Hut.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around lately. Been having one of those summers that would make Murphy's law a daily staple.

For almost three months I sat in a dark corner of the house not wanting to do anything. Today I decided I would go into the shop and try to make something. I hadn’t been in the shop in almost a year since Diane became sick. Cell phone in my pocket and vapor full of E-liquid I ventured out the back door.

The morning sun felt good on my pale face as I stepped onto the back porch. I hadn’t taken two steps when a large spider web hit me in the face. My back porch had become a neighborhood for several different species of spiders. But the Black Widow crawling up my arm caught me attention, I quickly sent the spider flying with a glancing blow from my hand. Using the patio broom I made fast work of the remaining webs.

Walking onto the driveway I noticed my whole back yard is waist high with grass and weeds. As I fought my way through the high grass the smell of a skunk hit my nose. I never saw the skunk but I was watching the ground to make sure I didn’t run into him.

I made it to the shop door and entered the code for the door to open. Not paying attention as the shop door was rising, several scorpions landed on me, I knew this when I felt a sharp pain on my right shoulder. It was a frantic battle removing my shirt to evict the three scorpions I saw.

Finally I made it inside the shop, I began putting up tools, and turning on the lights. As I grabbed a coil of extension cord to hang it up I felt a familiar softness to the cords in my hand. And realized a rat snake was sleeping inside the extension cord. As the snake bit my hand I grabbed it by the tail and sent it flying outside the shop. At closer inspection I saw several rat snakes lying around my shop and tools.

At this point I decided today is a good day to stay in the house. I mixed a large bottle of Viper insecticide and loaded a shotgun when I realized I was now ate up with over a dozen chigger bites. Needless to say I am now sitting back in my dark corner doing first aid and thinking maybe tomorrow I will try and go into the shop.

Not sure if I will make it tomorrow I have a doctors appointment around that time.

Might need to set off a couple of bug bombs in the shop (or maybe a low yield nuclear device).

Latest posts

Top Bottom