Lawton Police dept looking at gun buy back program

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoachR64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they offer $50 like the other programs, I'll be more than happy to offer $75. After, it's taking those guns off the streets to save the children!!!!

luvDrecoil

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I just saw this on the news. The great part is that it's "to get these guns off the street" and then they're turning around and selling them to dealers???? So they can go back on the street at an inflated price? Or are they gonna go to the cops that have an ffl? I bet one of those guys had part in this grand plan

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw this on the news this evening.

Bugged me that they kept saying "to get the illegal guns off the street" and then one of the talking heads said something like "...well, you know, sometimes if a couple has been married a long time and maybe he was in the Army and had a few guns and then after he has passed away, she doesn't want them or know what to do with them."

I just hope that they give me plenty of notice so I can set up a table offering cash instead of gift cards.

I wonder if there is anything that they could do?

Dave

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"No questions asked, they bring the gun, the get a card, they go," said LPD Captain Craig Akard

I guess that means that if the criminal element wants to steal guns and trade them in for the buyback rewards, thats OK. Looks like aiding and abeting to me...

Latest posts

Top Bottom